Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria reeves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Change her name and put his name
    I want my husband to put his name on my daughter birth certificate her father is in jail for murder and we have not seen him since 2000
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 04:43 PM

Your husband needs to formally adopt her.

You need to get a lawyer.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 14, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Oh goodness, that would be a huge mistake and not to mention illegal. I realize it seems like an easy way to make your husband look like the father, however if the biological father were ever to find out, DNA tests would prove the paternity and both you and your husband would get in serious legal trouble. Then, where would that leave this poor child?

Get a lawyer and go about the adoption the right way, the legal way. If you cannot afford a lawyer do some research into your state laws. You may be able to file a Notice of Publication stating that your husband will be adopting this child, therefore giving notice to the child's biological father. If he doesn't respond, this may be a benefit to you. Although you need his parental rights signed over, there obviously are ways to get the adoption finalized if you cannot find the father... Just do it the right way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why?

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

Sex Ed - how would you change it? [ 5 Answers ]

How can the courses be improved? Is enough information being taught? Is USEFUL information being taught? How would you change it?

Name Change? First Name [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to change my first name. I can't find anything in Tennessee law about changing your first name. It is stated as name. I assume it is the same as both. I really don't want to change my name but the spelling of my first name. As I said I live in Tennessee. Can anyone point me in the right...

View more questions Search