Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stress Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 03:22 PM
    My stepson has a meanstreak.
    Hi, I need help. I have a four year old stepson who has a meanstreak like no other. I have a two year old son from a previous relationship. My husbands son like to hit, push, kick, bite, and throw toys at my son. He has been doing this for the last 14 months. My husband and I just had a daughter 3mths ago. The last two weekends we had him, we cuaght him kicking the bouncer and the swing while she was in it. I almost went over to spank him but I did not because he is not my kid. All my hunny did to him was sit him on the couch and told him to knock it off. That's what he does all the time when he gets in trouble. I went to say something to my stepson but his father told me to leave it alone. The last time he kicked the swing I grabbed his son and put him in the room and told him what he did to the baby was wrong you can hurt her. I then said to him to sit here for 5 min and think about what you did. When my stepson is here, there is a lot of tension in my home until he goes home to his mom. Now the relationship that my husband has with my son is healthy. He plays with him and corrects him age appropriate. I'm okay with that, but when his son is here he does nothing. He is very blind to his sons behavior. In his eyes his son does no wrong, but when my son acts up occasionally, he is all over it. I've already told my husband that he needs to have one on one time with his son but he refuses to do it. When his son is not here, he is always taking my son out and playing sports with him. My son loves baseball and football and likes to watch it on T.V. That is something that my husband is also very intrested in, but his son hates sports. I have tolerated this beahior with his son for a long time but now he is being mean to an infant and I don't know what to do. My husband is now looking at me like I'm the bad guy now and his son is starting to become a wedge between us. What should I do??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 03:29 PM

Well what you should have done was discussed all of this while dating as to how to parent.

And yep, a light spanking to me would be a good end to it. But at least a strong word and being put in the corner

Can I assume the step son is not there often, so most likely your hubby does not want to do anything to stop him, because he does not want to be a bad guy.

Parenting classes, I guess you are the first I have sugested this to on here, but they will work with the entire family to enteract.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Nov 17, 2008, 04:01 AM

I agree with the parents classes, but in the mean time you have to keep your children safe.
    I know this is a big step but maybe if you tell your husnband that as long as your stepson is a threat to the other children then you will have to step in. I know this will lead to more stress, but what choices do you have for now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stepson adoption [ 3 Answers ]

My stepson is 18 and wants me to adopt him his mother walked out and left them with there dad now my husband 8 years ago for another man the children have asked her could I adopt them but she refuses even though she says she hates them and has no contact with them what so ever she does not send...

My stepson [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé has a son with a girl here in Florida and she will not let us see him without her present he is 2 months old is this legal

My stepson [ 2 Answers ]

My stepson is 15 1/2 and wants to live with us I was wondering what are my steps I need to take to have him come live with us

About my stepson [ 9 Answers ]

I'm back! :) it's been quite a while that I didn't log in on this webiste. But all the advise that been given to me it really works. Now, here's another problem with my stepson. His moving back again in the house after 2 months that he move out. Honestly, I'm not comfortable and I feel depresses...

Adopting a stepson [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering how to approch the adoption of my son gregory. My husband now has been in Gregs life since He was 2. My son now will be 12 feb. 21st. Which is old enough to know what he wants. See his biological father has not been in the picture for awhile. He was in and out a few times. But it has...

View more questions Search