Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melted Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Warm water from cold sink faucets after taking a shower
    We recently had our main bathroom remodeled completely from 1970's blue to tile and granite update. The entire plumbing was redirected from the basement due to old plumbing on the outside walls and freezing. We use Dantz fixtures with a temperature control and diverters in the tub and shower.
    The problem is after you take a shower and turn on the cold faucet in the sink the water is warm for 30 seconds before turning cold. This appears to be happening in all cold sink faucets in the house after a shower. Any idea why? We have addressed this issue with our contractor but problem has not been addressed.:rolleyes:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 08:54 PM

Did the plumber use and existing chase to run his new replacement supply pipes, if so what else is in the chase?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lukewarm water in the shower/hot out of cold in sink. [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, We bought this house 6 months ago. We have 2 issues with plumbing. 1) The shower water has a single handle. We turn it as far as it will go to hot and the water that comes out is barely lukewarm. We don't have any problems with hot water in any other place in the house, which leads to the...

Upstairs Bathroom Sink - Cold water tab runs very warm for first 30 seconds. [ 14 Answers ]

I do not know much about plumbing. I live in the USA. I have a 60 gallon gas water heater. My problem started maybe a month or two ago. In the bathroom sink of my home's second story the cold water in the sink will run very warm (almost hot) for the first 30 seconds. After that it goes back to...

Luk warm to cold shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 showers 1 with temp control the other doesn't.when I run the sinks the water comes out hot. I ran the hot water for the shower and check he pipe it was warm then ran the sinks the pipe was hot. I have a oil furnace that heats the hot water.

Faucets in house have warm water, except mater shower is hot [ 2 Answers ]

All of the faucets and showers in the house except the master shower only get warm, unless the master shower is running, then they get hot water. My husband says this is not a problem that can be fixed. It is driving me nuts. What could be causing this problem, and how do we go about fixing it?

Shower won't work unless Hot/Cold faucets in sink are on [ 3 Answers ]

My upstairs bathroom water isn't working right. The toilet tank won't fill and the shower will not work, the cold water also doesn't work. If the hot / cold is turned on in the sink the toilet tank fills and you can get hot water only out of the shower. How do I resolve a problem such as this?

View more questions Search