Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnEric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Smell in the kitchen drain
    What is the best way to clean the kitchen drain so it would not smell?:mad:
    MARK DARNELL Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Hi, I had the same problem. First I poured pots of boiling water down the drain and that helped for a couple of weeks. Then the smell started again! So I had to take apart the pipes under the sink, the elbow shaped pipe had all kinds of gunk in it so I cleaned that all out real good and put it back together and it's all good now.
    Hope this helps.
    Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Gas smell coming from Kitchen drain [ 4 Answers ]

I am having problem with a smell coming from the Kitchen drain. I checked all drains in the house and the only one that as an odor is in the Kitchen. I have poured Drano and Vinegar down the drain but no results. Please Help.

Connecting to 1 1/2" copper drain with pvc kitchen sink drain trap [ 8 Answers ]

I'm trying to rehook up the kitchen sink pvc trap to the old copper drain pipe but the connector doesn't fit tight enough and the water links out. Any ideas how to stop this leak?

Adding washing machine drain to 2" kitchen drain. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2" drain that goes to 1 1/2" for the kitchen sink and connected dishwasher. I am tool proficient and have some plumbing experience. I want to add a washing machine drain breaking out from the 2" hub. The washing machine is 5' away on the same wall. The drain pipe need not be in...

Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor,...

Foul smell in kitchen drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a problem with a very bad odor in my kitchen sink drain since the weather got warm. My home is new and is a manufactured home in a park. I have used gel drain openers followed by boiling water and when that did not work I used a box of baking soda, 1cup of salt and 1 cup of vinegar, let...

View more questions Search