Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Needin'somehelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Is it safe to assume?
    Just so I am 100% clear.. Is it safe to assume on my compressor the black and white wire are intended to be hot, and the green ground?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2006, 08:23 AM
    My favorite saying is :-

Assuming is the brother of all F**K ups.
    So that's all I can say :)
    Good luck
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2006, 09:01 AM
    Read the namplate on the motor, it will list the voltage or voltages that the motor can operate on.

If it is dual voltage, for example 120/240 volts, then the motor can be connected for either voltage. There is usually a diagram on the nameplate or inside the junction box to show how the connections need to be made for both voltages.

If the motor needs 120 volts , then the black will be hot, white is neutral, if 240 Volts then both black and white will be hot, and of course, the green is equipment ground , in both cases.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jun 20, 2006, 03:50 PM
    So compressors CAN be both voltages? Nice to know, thanks! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Godiva Safe? [ 6 Answers ]

I wanted to know if Godiva products are safe, and has anyone used them. I have used it in the past and it lighten my skin. I have a little shadow not real dark at all and it lighten it real good. I bought some more godiva products just for that purpose and just wanted to make sure it was safe...

Is It Safe? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lighten my skin not just to get lighter I have an excuse. One summer when I was in middle school I had to go to summer school and we were outside for a long period under the sun. That is when my life changed my face got pitch black dark I mean real dark but the rest of my body stayed it's...

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

MSN Messagener - Is it safe to use? [ 3 Answers ]

Is MS Messagener safe to use? Is there not potential for harm to result on my computer by using this? Or do I know have all the proper tools to stop unwanted stuff from getting on my computer - i.e.. Adware, spyware,virus protection etc etc. Any advise you can give on this topic would be most...

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

View more questions Search