Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sy_stanley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 04:21 AM
    What is the Function key to off my Dell laptop display while downloading from interne
    I just bought a Dell laptop last few weeks. I try to download something from internet, but too bad I don't know how to off the monitor while the download still running. Anybody can help?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 04:43 AM

I'm writing this from a new Dell laptop (Studio 15) but I don't understand your statement "but too bad i don't know how to off the monitor while the download stil running" - could you rephrase it?
    sy_stanley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I'm writing this from a new Dell laptop (Studio 15) but I don't understand your statement "but too bad i don't know how to off the monitor while the download stil running" - could you rephrase it?
    Sorry about my poor english, what I mean is I want to shut down the monitor only while I downloaing from the internet at the night time. I using Dell inspiron 1525.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 05:48 AM

Since a laptop LCD does not have its own power button you'll have to get Windows to do it for you.

Go to > Start button / Control Panel / Hardware & Sound / Power Options.
    Click the “Create a power plan” in the left pane. Set a low number of minutes where the display turns off. You can see the screens here (and more info on Power Options):MCTS 70-620 TechNotes - Configure Power Options
    mgilhuly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 12:24 AM
    In the Power options, select "Choose what closing the lid does" and set it to "Do nothing." Then, whenever you want to shut off the monitor but leave the computer on, just close the lid. The computer will remain on and your internet download will continue.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilhuly View Post
    In the Power options, select "Choose what closing the lid does" and set it to "Do nothing." Then, whenever you want to shut off the monitor but leave the computer on, just close the lid. The computer will remain on and your internet download will continue.
    This post is almost 3 years old. Come on' read the dates once and a while!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Inspiron 8100 dell laptop with a cracked screen. I am trying to get rid of it and I don't know how much it is worth. I was offered $65.00 Is this about all I can get out of it?

Dell 5100 dim display on startup [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Dell 5100 laptop with XP Professional and started to have a problem when I turned the laptop on after it had been off for several days. It will boot up OK but the screen is very dim. You can barely see the desktop. You can open and close it but it doesn't help. You have to turn off and...

Dell laptop [ 12 Answers ]

How to hook up wireless to internet

Dell laptop [ 6 Answers ]

Tried Several Things Need Help Trying To Connect Laptop To Landline Using Free Netzero I Have A Network And Modem Card All In One I Can Get It To Dial And When It Says You Are Loged On And It Verifies Password Then It Disconnects And Starts Redialing The Next Number...

View more questions Search