Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DownIsTheNewUp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Explorer and chrome will not work, Firefox does, causing issues
    As I've stated, Explorer and chrome don't work, even after new downloads and installation. The window comes up, but it's as if there is no internet connection. I believe that many programs that only need internet sometimes use internet explorer to do so. This makes a lot of things difficult. A while ago I tried deleting Internet Explorer, that seems to be where trouble started, so I reinstalled it as a component, downloaded the newest version, and it still can't connect. I'll soon be trying other browsers to see what works and what doesn't. Any help is greatly appreciated
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 09:55 PM

Have you tried a system restore back to when it was working properly?
    Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur

If this is not an option or does not work, you can try a repair installation

Repair Installation
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.
    Perform a Repair Installation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

Background attachment issues w/Firefox [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Im trying to break into designing without tables, but I'm running into this problem. I want to make a background in a div fixed, but whenever I add background-attachment:fixed; The background changes position while viewing the page in Firefox. Everything seems to be working...

Firefox Issues [ 1 Answers ]

I had to get rid of firfox because of a problem I can not figure out. I keep getting this message when trying to use Firefox. The proxy server is refusing connections. Does anybody know how to remedy this?? Thank you in advance. Joe

Internet explorer or moxilla Firefox [ 11 Answers ]

Any opinion which is better IE or Firefox? I'm currently using the IE but plan to use the Firefox too... what's the difference? Thanks

Firefox Vs. Internet Explorer [ 5 Answers ]

So I've been thinking of getting that Firefox browser, I'm just not sure of what the if I should get it or not. Sure the website says they're all that and more but what do the people say about it? I mean is it as good as the website says, or is there anything wrong with it and whatnot. What...

View more questions Search