Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbell Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Vcr not working with directtv
    I recently signed up with directtv.Getting support with them is impossible. My vcr(jvc,HRA592U) was working fine when I had cable, but now there is no picture or sound. Do I need to upgrade the vcr or is there something I can do to make it work?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 07:07 AM

Please describe the connection from the DTV Controller to the VCR. Pictures of the rear connection blocks on the DTV controller, the VCR and the TV would help quite a bit.
    MTColl28734 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 03:58 AM

It my sound simple, but make sure that your dish is hooked up to the "Sat In" plug, your VCR is plugged into the "Out to TV" plug, and that the satellite receiver is plugged into the video or antenna IN jacks on your VCR. You'd be surprised how often people just hook stuff up backwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

LCD TV hookup to DirectTV [ 3 Answers ]

How do you connect a LCD TV to Direct TV receiver? I have a Sharp 19" w/built in DVD player. Confused with inputs and Antenna. Will not be using the HDTV capibility at this time. Manual not clear on any of this.

Is it possible to watch DirectTV Satellite on computer? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got service today at my home... I was curious.. I have a 24" Flat Screen monitor with my computer... Is this possible to watch satellite on? Do I need to get another receiver?

Having trouble ordering Pay Per View through DirectTV since ordering Yahoo dsl [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I started using yahoo's DSL service. In my home, on all my tv's, I use wireless phone jacks so I can order PayPerView. I used all the phone filters, even on the tranmitter base for the wireless phone jack. I am still unable to order PPV through direct TV unless I physically call them...

View more questions Search