Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heart88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 05:02 PM
    French citzenship process
    I am a US citizen married to a French citizen. I am familiar with all of the documents necessary for the application (we were married in France - the paperwork is typical).

I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the French citizenship process from the US: submitting the application to a French consulate (in person?), how long it takes before you hear back from them, what the interview/test is like, etc.

Any info. Would be appreciated! Cimer
    sara1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Hi there
    I am in a similar situation. I have applied for french nationality. One of my parent is french. My maternal grand parents are french. I am nearly 30 though. I want to ask for french nationality. Do U have any idea about this. I have filled in an application and send documents for this. I send them on Oct 2005 and still not heard anything from them. I send to Paris ( Tribunal). If you have any knowledge please share with me. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

Garnishment in process? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi... New , but in desperate help. I received a Garnishment letter in the mail today for a medical bill from 2003.(?) -2000.00 Here's the thing- I only work 4-6 hrs a week. I go to school full-time and my daughter and I live on financial aide (student loans) and child support. Can they really...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search