Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taninlove81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Is something wrong?
    I am 24 years old and 2 years ago I got pregnant when the condom broke and had an abortion because I was not ready at the time and the relationship was so new. I have not been using any contraceptives for the past 6 months because we are now ready to have a child, and now I am not getting pregnant. Could this have something to do with the abortion? I feel like because of what I did I am not going to have a chance again. I feel terrible and awful everyday about it, but I know that at the time it was the right thing to do. Could something be wrong with my body now that is preventing me from getting pregnant again?
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 19, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Depending on how far along you were at the time of the abortion and the method that was used, it's always a possibility. However, Many MANY women go on to have successful pregnancies after abortion, some even after several abortions.
    The thing to do here is have an ultrasound and make sure that everything is still where it should be. Hang in there. I know it is frustrating and heart breaking. But 6 months really isn't that long. Timing is a fickle thing.
    See your OB/GYN and have a thorough exam. Best of luck to you!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2006, 09:50 PM
    Also it takes most healthy couple at least a year to conceive. So I wouldn't be too worried. Just have your obgyn have a look at you and talk over the possibilities. Good luck!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 20, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taninlove81
    I am 24 years old and 2 years ago I got pregnant when the condom broke and had an abortion because I was not ready at the time and the relationship was so new. I have not been using any contraceptives for the past 6 months because we are now ready to have a child, and now i am not getting pregnant. Could this have something to do with the abortion? I feel like because of what I did I am not going to have a chance again. I feel terrible and awful everyday about it, but I know that at the time it was the right thing to do. Could something be wrong with my body now that is preventing me from getting pregnant again?
    Is it possible that you are stressed due to what you did in the past?
    Sometimes, when experiencing a 'loss', no matter the reason, we might feel guilty.. and that can cause undue stress. It would probably help you if you did not think of the abortion so much, it's in the past. Try to look forward now, and think of the future.

If you cannot put the past where it belongs by yourself, talk to someone who can help you work on it.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

The subconscious needs as much care as the rest of your body and mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my dog? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female black lab. She is the most faithful eater I know but she has eaten since Tuesday... 6/21/05. All she wants to do is lay around and sleep. Granted it's been hot and I am sure the heat wears on her BUT she always eats. She TELLS me when it's breakfast and dinner time....

Is it wrong? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering everyone's feedback on the question is it wrong for man to feel less of himself if his girlfriend has slept with more guys then he has women?Is it wrong for him to want to go out and match her or destroy her total?I haven't been a man to want to conquer the universe until I met my...

What am I doing wrong? [ 8 Answers ]

:( I am a frustrated single mom with a 12 y/o boy. His father has always been there for us, even though we seperated when our child was four. I was fifteen when I had him and still have never married. His father recently is in the process of getting divorced from his wife and has moved to...

What's wrong now [ 1 Answers ]

I have a centurion wall clock it works but after a few hours the pendelum will stop moving and the time will stop what causes this to do this?

What's Wrong With Me? [ 4 Answers ]

My life has been turned upside down. I met a wonderful man and the first 6 months were the most incredible I've ever experienced. I knew from the beginning he was bipolar but he never exhibited any signs or behavior that indicated it. Looking back, he was probably in a hypomanic state (he has...

View more questions Search