Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kane4269 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Bathroom condensation
    Why do I have condensation in my bathroom after taking a shower despite opening a window in the room?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 07:30 AM

The lack of ventilation has a lot to do with it.

Condensation forms when moisture is attracted to a colder surface,Cold cannot hold moisture as well as hot.

A window opened isn't enough airflow to compensate for the amount of moisture in the air.

A ceiling mounted exhaust fan would lessen the moisture in the air.

KBC
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2008, 07:56 AM

Yep, look up a dew point table. Moisture forms on a cold surface depending on the surface tempurature and the temperature and humidity of the air.

That's why I have a delay-on-break timer on the fan. It runs the fan for about 30 minutes after the switch is turned off.

Panasonic apparently makes some of the quiteter fans. I use one with a heat lamp, fan, and regular bulb although not Panasonic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condensation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... hope someone can help me out here. There is a massive amount of condensation on the tank of the toilet. After checking things out I realized that the water was above the fill tube causing water to constantly run. I fixed that thinking problem was solved but I still have lots of...

Bathroom wall getting water condensation [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a hallway bathroom with the back wall to the outside of the house, in Wheaton, IL. Now that it's really cold, we are seeing water condensing on that wall to the point where it flows. Also, that bathroom is significantly colder than any other room in the house. We just moved in,...

Bathroom condensation [ 2 Answers ]

Need help in the summer time when it is hot my bathroon ceiling and walls sweat or some sort of condensation ,the bath room shower is not being used ,there is a fan in the ceiling but it does not fit tight against the s ceiling could I be getting hot air from the attic hitting the cool air...

Bathroom condensation [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure what is happening in my bathroom. Please help me figure this out. After taking a warm shower we notice that there was drips of water coming from the cielings exhaust fan. Upon further inspection (removing the cover,removing the insulation from the attic where the fan is,noticing for...

View more questions Search