Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Powzik Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 05:53 AM
    $5 "Narrow Face"
    1934C $5 "Narrow Face" Plate (STAR) PCGS 12 FR-1959-B*

$5 Narrow Face Star Note 1934C,He asks for 1 Million $

OK...

Yesterday when I saw this auction,I just looked to my only $5 Silver Certificate Dollar bank note that I have.

& omg! It is Narrow!!

Here it is:

4 lines instead 5 lines.

First of all,I like to know if there is such error or maybe this is also """"Only (1) Known To Exist"""???

2nd- mine is not 1934 it's 1953.
    3rd my is not start bank not
    4rth mine is Silver Certificate the 1934 is regular Federal Reserve Bank note.
    5th mine is well off centered & it's very clear u see...& it's just from ONE SIDE! so is this considered an error?

6th On the observe(or face side of the paper money) see the bottom of "Payable to the"
    the bottom of "To The" there's a black line.What's that line?

7th Is my paper money looks special? Have you seen something like this before?or is it rare?What should be the value of it? Is it valuable as much as the 1934?

8th Both are B (New York)
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 11:57 PM

Powzik - Your bill is a - series 1953 Silver
    Certificate :: Signatures are PRIEST-HUMPREY:: Color of seal - BLUE and SERIAL NUMBERS - ARE BLUE:::
    # VF-20 UNC-63
    1655 . $ 8.50 $ 35.00 These Quates are out of the usa currency RED BOOK FIOR 2008
    1655 * $ 25.00 $ 90.00
    Powzik - I looked in severl books tonight and I could not find anything on it being a special note . I could not see any difference in the face of LINCOLN when I compared it to others as far as the black is concerened this is normal for it to happen and they said thert is no extra monatery difference in the value > The Lertter
    " B ' AS for being the letter for the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK in NEW YORK CITY is right < BUT THE KETTER THAT YOU SEE IN FRONT OF THE SERIAL NUMBER IS NOT FOR THAT OR MEAN THAT >:: NOW THE CORRECT INFORMATION FOR THE LETTERS IN FRONT OF THE SERIAL NUMBERS :: These were printed on plates with two or four subjects ( and from 1929 and latter notes The plates had _ six subjects :: Generally the first note on a plate of say six subjects ,That first one will have the " A' THE SECOND WILL HAVE " B " Next " C " < NEXT D" < THE NEXT ON WILL HAVE " E " and the last one on the plate ( SHEET ) will have " A " But it will be say a 10.00 note , The plate will be arranged as 5 $5.00 notes and one $ 10.00 note now all the $ 5.00 notes will also have the same serial number except for the letter that comes before the serial , some times the last one like the $ 10.00 note will have the same serial number The Notation on currency indicating the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK AND ITS LOCALTY IS GIVEN AS SUCH --- THERE ARE 12 of the banks across the country , and are listed as --- A-1, BOSTON DISTRIC:: :: L-12 is the SAN FRANCISO FED.BANK ; : H8- would be ST LOUIS MO. ::: K-11 would be ,Dallas TEXAS

LOTS OF LUCK AND DO HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW AND GOD BLESSS :: F.B.E.
    I looked threw some of my books on usa currency for the SEARIES 1934C , $ 5.00 note and I did not see any listed for more then $ 1,000.00 In UNCIRCULATED CONDITION , That was a star note , Id sure like to see it , Watch out it may be a counterfit . F.B.E.
    Powzik Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 03:03 PM

FBE, Thank you for the informations!They are really helpful.
    About thinking couterfied not that 1934C *
    Umm how come it's PCGS graded?
    Cheers,again thank you for your helpful answer.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 11:43 PM

Powzik - Here is some more information on the $ 5.00 notes . The 1875 With the signatures of ( BRUCE - JORDAN ) combon the $ 5.00 national bank note is so rare that price ing it is difficult . The other eight signature combinations from this searies , while definitely of value ,are not in that class.
    Here s two places you can contact to find out more on your # $ 5.00 note.
    PROFESSIONAL CURRENCY DEALERS.
    association
    po box 573
    MILWAUKEE WI> 53201
    ON THIS ONE -INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED BY WRITEING TO
    THE Society of paper money collectors ( SPMC)
    FRANK CLARK
    PO BOX 117060
    CARROLITON TEXAS 75011 HAVE A NICE DAY AND GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is George W. Bush the face of the "New Democrat Party"? [ 3 Answers ]

George W. Bush ran for president as a "compassionate conservative". He was able to streamline the party nomination process in 2000, as opposed to Hillary and Obama in 2008. Bush promised a new tone in Washington and a willingness to listen to both parties. He has kept his promise. Three of...

"Grace" doll with porcelain face/hands.feet [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone give me info about thi cloth body doll. She is approx. 19" tall and has "Grace" indented in upper back below neck http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/barbart/Gloria037.jpg http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/barbart/Gloria038.jpg...

"Go in through the narrow gate." [ 17 Answers ]

"Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell is wide and the road that leads to it is easy, and there are many who travel it. But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard,and there are few people who find it. " (Lk 13.24) Can someone tell me What is " the...

View more questions Search