Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANOBRE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 03:52 AM
    Getting Rid of SPIDERS?
    Good Day

I would like to know if there is any way of getting completely rid of spiders. I am very scared of spider can't even look at a daddy long leg never mind the other ugly one.
    The daddy long legs are in my garage & then I have got weird spiders some how it looks like the violin spider every one talking about but I don't know and don't like it. I started spraying doom etc on the windowsils & by the doors but doesn't seem to work they still come inside.
    ANY HELP OR ADVICE ABOUT HOW TO GET THEM TO STAY AWAY PEST Control ALSO Doesn't WORK TRIED IT As well.

REGARDS

ANTOINETTE
    dobiefloyd Posts: 67, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Terro spider spay will kill them and keep them away for a while. Also keep cleaning the webs.
    envirocare Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jan 14, 2009, 08:31 PM
    Make sure you spray outside also to keep the spiders from coming inside should also help.
    Queen Siobahn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 11:30 AM

I'm sure many will say it's an old wives tale or myth, but I have had pretty good luck using hedge apples. Place them in the corners of rooms, basement, maybe in your attic if you have one. I've heard they are poisonous to humans and pets as well but I'm not sure about that. I have also been told that if you cut them in half, it will get rid of spiders quicker, almost like fumigating, but I haven't tried it. I now see maybe one spider every month or two.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 09:18 AM

Spider control is a process, not an objective. The main thing is to make your home as unattractive to spiders as possible. Spiders like places to hide and places to spin webs so they can catch their food without becoming food themselves. Keep the webs knocked down, especially outside, and make sure there's at least 2 feet between your outside walls and any bushes or foliage. Inside, sticky traps work as well as any chemicals to get rid of the ones already there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Over run by spiders! [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of spiders in my home. I have a variety of types and they are driving me crazy! I know my next question will be how to get rid of the bugs that the spiders are eating but I will ask that one at a later time. :eek:

Spiders in my bed! [ 12 Answers ]

I have just gotten married last week and me and my wife have lived in our one bedroom apartment for almost a month. Within the first night we found 3 spiders. One on the ceiling above our bed and two in the living room. A few nights later I found a violin spider crawling on my chest as I began to...

How to get rid of spiders [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a basement apartment n we have spiders how can I get rid of them?

We eat spiders, [ 4 Answers ]

On average a person eats 4 ( a year)spiders in their sleep. Isn't that lovely ?:) Daddy long legs going to come for you =X Correct me if I'm wrong.. . Pleasssee

View more questions Search