Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galinpain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Is it Kidney infection
    On Sunday I started having severe pain in my upper abdomen going through to my back (similar to a gall stone attack - which I had my gallbladder removed just 5 days before) I took tylenol3 - which did nothing Also on Sunday I starting having to frequently go to the washroom and found that when I was finished (which was very little) there was a ton of pressure and it became VERY painful. I was also noticing blood in my unrine. My doc said it was UTI. Today almost three days later I am getting severe pain in my lower right back which also gets a sharp pain every time I take a deep breath. Someone said that it could be realted to my kidneys/or passing a kidney stone I did call my surgeons office and she is sending me for blood work tomorrow and then I will see her on thrusday, but should I be worried that there may be a kidney infection? Or is this all just post-op pain that I am dealing with along with the bladder infection?
    Hazel1220 Posts: 102, Reputation: 13

Nov 11, 2008, 08:53 PM

Have you tried calling your primary care physican? I would call them asap tomorrow. Sounds as if you should be drinking cranberry juice and taking cranberry supplements. They help with urinary tract health and have helped me in the past. I now take them everyday . You can find them at any store which sells vitamins.
    galinpain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel1220 View Post
    Have you tried calling your primary care physican? I would call them asap tomorrow. Sounds as if you should be drinking cranberry juice and taking cranberry supplements. They help with urinary tract health and have helped me in the past. I now take them everyday . You can find them at any store which sells vitamins.

Yeah.. I did... and he gave me a prescription for UTI... But I really couldn't get an answer as to why I was getting the pain When I was asking all I was getting was 'yup' 'uh huh' 'yup' I am not even sure if he heard me I am assuming the blood work would show up anything... hopefully..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney problems, Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have noticed some symptoms that I don't think are normal. Well, my symptoms are pressure in my perineum area, sort of like a cramp, and I experience it when I urinate or when land from jumping.. It doesn't happen all the time but it does occur on occasion.. Also I have some spasms coming...

Can a kidney infection delay you period [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have kidney stones in the left kidney and on the right one is not fully develop ,can this cause my period to delay, I did a pregnancy test and it was negative and I am worried

Is this pain a kidney infection, my appendix or a side effect from Cipro [ 1 Answers ]

I get frequent kidney infections; at least 3 or 4 year and always on the same side: the right. I started Cipro this morning because of a UTI. I knew it was going to turn into a kidney infection if I didn't. Now I have a digging, throbbing pain on my left side. It almost feels like the kidney...

Kidney Infection - no insurance? What to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had about 3 kidney infections in the past 5 years... ive been hospitalized once for a severe case, and the other 2 where minor. I currently don't have any health insurance - I have am in pain again and I know its another kidney infection - I've been drinking water and cranberry juice a...

Kidney infection? [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my right side and sometimes it hurts towards the stomach and towards the back... I went to the doctors, and they said it could be kidney stones or a kidney infection, they gave me pills for it, and I just finished talking them and yet it still hurtss.. sometimes the pain is even in...

View more questions Search