MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Nov 25, 2008, 09:05 PM

Well then you probably eliminated that.
    novice68 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 09:11 PM

Any further suggestion?

Nov 26, 2008, 06:17 AM

If the current is not flowing to the gas valve, does this mean the circuit board has gone bad and is preventing the current to flow to gas valve? Or is it something else?
    What should be the next step from here?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 27, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by novice68 View Post
    If there is no voltage at the gas valve (I guess this is the pressure switch) would pulling wire and putting it back make any difference?
    No, the pressure switch and the gas valve are two entirely different devices. Follow wires back from gas valve and see if they go though any other switches before getting to the board.

Nov 27, 2008, 08:09 PM

No. the wires are going directly to the circuit board.:confused:
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 06:36 PM
    If the ignitor is glowing all is good as far as limits and switches. The gas valve will only get 24v for three seconds after the hot surface ignitor is glowing. If you do not get 24v to the gas valve at any time with the ignitor glowing you got a bad board.

Dec 1, 2008, 02:57 PM

Where can I get my hands on the board? Where would I find the part number for it?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 04:18 PM

You can either order it online at a carrier site, or go to a local heating contractor/ parts store. All you will need is the model and serial number of the furnace. Good luck and let us know if it solves your problem, sounds like it's a pretty good chance it will.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 1, 2008, 07:09 PM

Good luck getting a HVAC/R supplier to sell to you directly. Many will not.
    litefog Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 08:35 PM
    If you need help finding a supplier, I can provide you with a couple of internet sellers that I've experienced 1st hand with good success. PM me if interested. Just be absolutely sure you order the correct part as there are no returns. Look for the part number printed on your old board and use it to find the correct Carrier board. They are often superseded by a new part number. Let us know how it turns out. Follow-up is key to helping others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Model 58ZAV [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get the LED codes for the Carrier 58ZAV? I don't have the manual. The unit won't run and is flashing a 2-4 code.

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better. The Start:...

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Gas/2HR before Fun. Turns on set at 75 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! Turned on furnace this year every thing was fine. Then I noticed that the temp in the house was 68 & the desired temp was set at 72. Then I set it up on 75 still did not turn on. About 2hr later the furnace turned on & shut off at 75. Every thing seemed fine. It turned on and off like was...

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 5 Answers ]

Model # 58TUA06008 has had the main board replaced but it keeps shuting off and then will restart after four hours or if I shut the power off and turn it back on. Is this an issue with the heat sensors or something else. I known the main board has been recalled is there any other issues. Thanks G

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cost of a Carrier weather maker 8000 ignitor and how can I purchase it? Thank You

View more questions Search