Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Nov 11, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Steak recipes?
    We're planning on having steak for dinner tonight, but I am so tired of the normal marinade and grilling... I have tried to Google recipes and all I'm finding are these very long recipes or recipes for pepper steak. Anyone have an quick and easy steak recipes?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:35 PM

Try allrecipes.com - they have awesome recipes from everywhere. You can even search by ingredients.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 09:48 AM

I'm a big fan of Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides. Go take a peek. It's free.

Also, I really should have to say this, but I will just in case... make sure you're only using fresh cracked black pepper.

(by the way, the commercially ground stuff can be bad for your stomach. You should always crack your own pepper in a pepper mill or with a mortar and pestle, etc.)
    melloboi23 Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Look up a good steak tar tar recipe its different.
    tagway Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Dec 17, 2008, 02:38 AM
    OMG! Start the coals let them ash... steaks from room temp little salt a Lot of ground pepper

4 minutes.. turn 8 minutes... tada!! You have melt in your mouth tender juicy steak!
    maverick2darts Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 07:34 AM

I used to go through all kinds of trouble to BBQ a good steak... now I do it the easy way! McCormick seasonings makes a "Garlic Pepper Blend" that contains Garlic, Black Pepper, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Onion and Brown Sugar.

I just put the steaks on a platter and sprinkle on the seasoning, then place them on the grill with the seasoned side down... then season the top side. Sometimes I'll spread a little bit of soft butter on the steak first, which not only adds a bit of flavor but also helps the seasoning stay on the steak for a bit too. I also tend to stab holes in the meat first with a fork which helps some of the butter and seasoning to get inside the meat.

Works for me anyway...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tagway View Post
    OMG! start the coals let them ash....
    I agree. I've had a gas grill for years and I often miss the charcoal grill.
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Jun 1, 2010, 11:29 PM

Get some stir fry steaks from the store, sauté some red peppers, green peppers, onions, and garlic sprinkle steaks with some garlic salt throw in the pan with the rest of the stuff add a little tomato sauce and some vinegar if you wish, serve over some white rice, quick and tasty ;-)
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2010, 05:19 AM

I am a fan of keeping it simple. A little garlic salt and fresh cracked pepper and on a super hot grill they go. Works really well with venison steaks as well.
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Jun 4, 2010, 08:33 PM

I wish I can have a grill but I live in an apartment complex, you know how that goes, but a broiling pan works well also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salba recipes [ 13 Answers ]

Well, this morning, I tried ground salba in my yogurt and I don't think it was the right choice... it was actually very tough to choke it down. Does any one know the best way to eat this?

Mushroom/Onion/Red Wine sauce for Steak, Etc. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! Does anyone have a good recipe for a mushroom/onion/red wine sauce for steak? I've made a sauce with these ingredients before, but was just winging it. I also put garlic in it once. I know people might laugh that someone might ask for a recipe for something this simple, but I'm not...

Help me with recipes [ 11 Answers ]

I've got this problem, my dad moved out of the house, and he doesn't know how to cook, so he asked me to teach him some basic stuff about cooking and some easy recipes, could you help me find them ?

Cheesecake Recipes [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for some yummy cheesecake recipes. Mainly a regular one that includes lemon zest and perhaps a raspberry one. Nice fluffy creamy cheesecake. Thanks ;)

Veggie recipes [ 4 Answers ]

I've never liked most vegetables but I'm working hard to include more in my diet. I'm looking for veggie recipes that even a certified vegephobe like myself might like. Does anyone have a fabulous vegetable recipe to share? I'd also love to find some vegetable recipes that call for only 4 or 5...

View more questions Search