Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bekster88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 02:54 PM
    20 years old, pregnant, married, and miserable.
    Me and my husband have been together for about two years. I'm 20 and my husband is 23. My husband has always been somewhat financially irresponsible, hot tempered, and needy. I was always able to deal with these things despite what my friends say, because I love him dearly and I've always been a strong person. Things didn't really start to catch up with me until the pregnancy. Also adding that he recently let his friend move in with us despite our financial difficulties. I find myself resenting him very often because of the irresponsible things he does, which leads to us fighting a lot. I'm constantly afraid that I won't be able to provide a good future for my unborn son, because of his stupidity. I don't want to divorce him but I often find myself thinking divorce is the only solution. What should I do?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:52 PM

Try counseling, you are both young with plenty of room to grow and a child that will be dependent solely on you. It is fair to note that a new child is a huge responsibility and probably hard for your husband to face, but once the miracle is here you may see him mature on his own.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:55 PM

In addition to what justwantsfair said, since his friend is living there, make him pay rent. It would probably help your financial situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 06:24 PM

Yep, friend out is my idea, tell hubby he goes or you do, go to a friend or somewhere if you have to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex girlfriend of 4 years now married.still not over her [ 154 Answers ]

8 threads merged together for the full story I recently discovered my ex girlfriend of 4 years in college/grad school is now married. I had always wanted to call her and reconnect but never did as I was the one that ended the relationship. I always thought she'd be available and I'd be able...

Married 16 years - still can't get over former love [ 9 Answers ]

I've been married for 16 years - always faithful - still am - but I've been unhappy forever so it seems. I was in a bad relationship for many years before meeting my current husband, and once we met, I broke it off with my ex (he and I were still having sex - but not a real relationship). So I...

Married 2 years and already the passion in gone! [ 3 Answers ]

I am 21 years old. I married very young and very few regrets. But for about the last 1 and a half my husband does not want to have sex with me. He is only 22, so he should have a healthy sex drive... nope. We will go weeks and sometimes months with out any sex. I have tried coming on to him. ...

Married for 8 years and is in jeopardy [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. :confused: I've been married for 8 years and the last one had been the most difficult. I think we are at the 7 year crisis. Everything started when she start to work last year. She started to distance her self from me. So I ask her what's was going on with her. She said nothing so I leave it...

I love a married man and I feel miserable [ 5 Answers ]

I did a mistake. I just fell in love with the wrong person. I was so confused and lost back then. He gave me power and loved me. He cares a lot. He is there for me all the time... all the time when he is not with his family. I am young and beautiful... people say and I have a great career. I am...

View more questions Search