Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    estefania Posts: 90, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Zoology Field
    Im a senior in high school and Im trying to decide what I want to pursue in college next year. I want to get a major in zoology but Im not sure what I want to be. I want to have a job that pays good money and I want to be able to work with animals. I was thinking of doing something that deals with conservation but Im not sure. Can anyone help me decide what would be best suitable for me to do?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Nov 13, 2008, 06:02 PM

OK, people will get bored with MY answer, but if you want to work with animals AND want good money, get a veterinary degree. This is NOT a trivial thing to do, and will take several extra years of study.

On the other hand, we really, really, need good scientists working the various problems, including environmental, facing us.

In any case, (in my opinion) there is nothing wrong starting working on a basic Zoology degree and as you progress through school tuning your goals as you gain perspective on the options available to you (and gain perspective on yourself!). If possible, during summer breaks do intern work in related fields to gain experience and insight.

Other opinions? Goodness knows we need good scientists too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting into zoology field [ 2 Answers ]

If I wanted a job in this field what kind of jobs would be open and what about requiremnts what's good education and training to have.

Zoology, animal feed [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fatten up my chihuahuas? They are healthy, but I can see their bones! Please help!:( :(

Zoology cladogram [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to create a cladogram, and I'm not sure if I have it correct. I was given the Taxa Hydrozoa, Bivalvia, Nematoda, Mandibulata, Echinoidea, Squamata and Mammalia and organize them with six branches. I know that Squamata and Mammalia are a sister group. They are also deuterostomes along...

View more questions Search