Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jun 19, 2006, 02:05 AM
    Round and Round
    How much do you guys travel? I feel like I travel a lot, and I do probably more than the average teenager, but I know there are like tons of people out there that travel constantly for business purposes. I'm just tired of traveling. I use to like airplanes as a kid, or at least not like them, indifferent you could say, but after my last one to newark, I don't want to ride another one for a long time. Not only do I fly a lot, or at least more than the average, I am the king of long car rides. Here's my list:

San Francisco to Seattle: Approx. hrs. 15
    Aberdeen, SD to Phoenix,AZ: Approx.hrs. Btwn. 48 and 72 hours
    Chicago, IL to Aberdeen, SD: Approx.hrs 12
    San Francisco to L.A.(Twice): Approx.hrs. 6-7
    San Francisco to Las Vegas(Three): Approx.hrs. 9
    Here's the Kicker
    San Francisco to Aberdeen, SD(6 times): Approx.hrs. 72 hours
    *all approx. hrs. of travel are one-way

I have more, but for the sake of time and argument I think I've done enough. Everything but the Chicago trip did I not have to make a return trip. The reason I am complaining, is that I'm tired, plain and simple. I don't have a problem traveling, but the more I do the more I miss the West Coast. This Christmas I was in South Dakota, this Spring Break I was in Newark, and this Summer I will probably spend a week in South Dakota. My trip to newark led me to find that I love the West Coast, I love the wide open spaces, and I know I didn't get a good look of the East Coast, I was in Newark, NJ which is one of the worst ghettos' in the country. I should also be the king of ghetto's, because I've been to the country's worst. L.A.'s, Oakland's, Newark's, Chicago's,St.Louis's, I haven't got to enjoy D.C.'s or Detriot's yet but it's on my to-do list. I did a lot of travling for videogaming, but I retired from that and I love just to sit around and enjoy the calm attitude that I get when living in California. South Dakota will be nice, relatives and all, the drive is horrible and I'm not going to like driving it but o well. All in all, I'm just pooped out from traveling, and because in less than a week I will probably be on my way to S.D. it's a little depressing. I already have plans for travel for October and March, and I just needs a break. I'm rambling and basically just complaining, so I'm going to end this, don't read too much into my complaining though it's 2:00 a.m. yesterday I sent a good friend of mine back to Utah after he visted my friends and I for a week, he moved to Utah a few years back, it was father's day and that never goes well for me. Anyway, I see that I'm rambling so, good night and peace.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2006, 11:14 PM
    That IS a lot of traveling, and is especially tiring since you're driving. I don't travel nearly as much anymore now that I'm married (only about twice a year to the west coast of Canada and Seattle, and I always fly). But before I was married I used to be on the "speakers circuit", as I spoke to all kinds of groups and at conferences about my childhood in foster care / with mentally ill parents. The distances weren't necessarily that far, some speaks were right in the city and some were only about 30 minutes out of the city, but I would drive all over the province, and a bit in our 2 neighboring provinces, speaking mainly at highschools. I was also flown way up north twice a year, and did speaks in several far northern communities over a span of a week. And I did about 4 large conferences a year, in places like Calgary, Winnipeg, etc. Again, in those cases I would fly rather than drive. I averaged about 70 speaks a year.

I found that I got really tired of hotels, no matter how luxurious they were, and I got really tired of eating out, too. Flying used to be fun but it got tedious also. So anyway I totally know what you mean. Travel is great if you just do it once in a while for a vacation but if it's for work or very, very often it gets to be a real drag.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2006, 02:52 AM
    I love travelling.
    Didn't do enough of it and I want to see more places.
    I haven't travelled outside of Europe, only within Europe.

Been to Sicily which is half hour by plane or 3 hours by catamaran. Nice place, great for food and shopping. Been there over 6 times because its so close to home.

Been to Rome... BELLA ROMA. Never seen Architecture so grand and bueatiful.

Been to Amsterdam twice... Naughty naughty city... SEX DRUGS AND ROCK N ROLL. Amazing. :p :D
    Been to England, well loved there for 6 years, and travelled around the place.
    Bournemouth, Cornwall, Dorset, Manchester, London, Brighton, Dover, Milton Keynes, Lake District...

Been to Paris, twice again... didn't impress me too much to be honest! Apart from the Eifeel Tower. :confused:
    And Euro Disney of course which was great, and plus I was only 13

And also been to Tunisia... mmmm not sure what to make of that, though I know I wouldn't go again.. the place itself was nice... but the people (male) where abit scary... they were trying to make a deal with my dad...
    They would give him 10 camels for ME and 15 for my mum... my dad was joking with them but immediately stopped when he realised they weren't joking... :eek: :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Round up in Excel [ 12 Answers ]

Hi! I am wondering how to solve this: Numbers in one column need to be rounded to the nearest half decimal, for example: 0,4 - 0,5 0,7 - 1,0 1,4 - 1,5 1,1 - 1,5 Is there an easy way around this? Could You please help! Many thanks, You're all the best! Srecak:)...

US eliminated in the first round at the world cup [ 4 Answers ]

Yes its official! The U.S. number 5 ranking was the biggest joke in sports. Can we get some players that can score goals? What's with Bruce Arena playing a 4-5-1?

The round green pills! [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone help me by telling me what are the green round pills are and what are they for? It says barr on it and in the back it says 555/585 I would appreciate it if someone could let me know Thank u

Round Trip times [ 4 Answers ]

My Question is if Series of Round trip times(RTT) is given.Then how can we find out The Smoothed RTT,The Deviation in RTT,The Time out interval at each value.

View more questions Search