Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honeybear Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2006, 01:06 AM
    Very Lost Person
    Hello, I am new here and I am kind of at the end of my rope. I have not had a period for 3 months now and thought that I might have ovulated on May 31 or June 1 seeing how I have pain with ovulation. Well, over the last 4-5 days I have had severely tender breasts and increase in cervical mucas. I have been trying to conceive for 3 1/2 years. My husband and I just moved to a new state and are currently without health insurance and I am at a loss of what my next options are. I know that if I am not pregnant I need to have my mentral cycle induced but I also am not sure if or when I actually did ovulate. Any advice would be awsome. Thank you.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 19, 2006, 05:10 AM
    Have you taken a home pregnancy test? This should be your first step before you get all freaked out.Then, if it turns out you are, you need to weigh your options, There are many resources out there. Good luck hon, I hope things turn out the way you want them to. Keep us posted

Jun 19, 2006, 12:12 PM
    I have taken several hpt's and they have come back negative. Sorry, thought I posted that. I would gladly go and see a Dr. about this HOWEVER, since my husband and I just moved here to Texas and my husband has yet to get his health insurance. So, this has left me between a rock and a hard space. I appreciate any help, thank you.

Jun 19, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Do you have a planned parenthood in your area? Perhaps they can help you. If nothing else give you some more resource ideas. I had 2 false negitives with my last child and when I went in to the women's clinic their's came back positive. So perhaps a different test is needed.

Jun 19, 2006, 01:49 PM
    Well, I found a planned parenthood about 30 minutes away and I have scheduled an appointment for Monday but they told me to bring at least $100 for the tests and exam's. I couldn't believe that. I figure it's worth it though to go and find out what is going on. I guess I'll just have to wait till next week to find out what the problem is. It's just so hard, especially after 3 years of trying to get pregnant not knowing what is going on. Thanks for the info though. Gives me hope.

Jun 19, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Holly cow! I had no idea planned parenthood charges now. When I went to them it was a free service. Thanks for that info.I will stop recommending them to people with limited income. Please keep us posted, my best wishes are with you

Jun 22, 2006, 08:04 PM
    A friend of mine here said the same thing. She was just as shocked as I was when I told her how much they said it would cost. My husband and I might just save the drive and go to the clinic here at the hospital and pay them the $100.00 to do the tests so I can get it all done at once. We'll see. I'll let you know what happens though. Thanks for the help.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 23, 2006, 01:16 PM
    You may have a local health department that will do this test for free or on a sliding scale base. I would try to steer away from planned parenthood if you are strapped for cash.

Most counties here in the states have local health departments. These health departments provide WIC (Women, Infants & Children). The provide free milk, cheese, cereal, etc to pregnant women and young babies. This would be where you could get your test done.

Jun 23, 2006, 02:21 PM
    I thought that I would let you know that as of today, I am officially not lost anymore. LOL. Aunt flow decided to show up after being missing for over 3 months. I am starting a new job next week and the health insurance there will be instant so I am just going to wait for the insurance to kick in and then make an appt with an actual dr. I will NEVER be without health insurance again. If I would have known it was going to take my husband's job a year, actually 2 months but feels like forever, to get his health benefits situated I would have went with the cobra option before leaving California. Anyway, thank you both so much for you help. I GREATLY appreciated it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 23, 2006, 02:33 PM
    That is so good to hear. I am sure you are so happy about Aunt Flow and about your insurance.

Stress can and will cause many of the problems you have been going through. Although I am sure you know that now.

Good luck with the new job and new life in your new town.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 23, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Nice to have a happy ending now and then - THANKS!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused heart broken lost everything in one person [ 11 Answers ]

Okay I met this girl and we went out for about 7 months . She was my first and I was her first. I fell deeply in love. I knew it was love because I would have done anything for her. She made me quit smoking and did a lottta good things for me.. my grades went up and everything. She made me a better...

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

I would like to grow and be a better person [ 23 Answers ]

But I find certain members of my family are against this, and would like me to be like at there beck and call. They come to me with all there problems and I feel like I am like a 24 hour social worker, there still asking my advice up until 11 or 12 oclock at night. The thing you may be asking is...

Ok So I am a cat person, with questions... [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I actually got some questions... On Mother's Day, a young stray female that was hanging around and my wife brought in a week or so earlier, had four kittens. I added a couple of pictures of the kids, they are cute little boogers. The tan are both male, and the grays are...

Will I have kids with this person? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if I would have kids with this person. My name is Tishanna 9/17/1978 Dwayne 12/26/76 Thanks

View more questions Search