Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msleo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Remove shower stem
    I am trying to remove the shower stem, the cold. I purchased the shower tools, and it fit the nut, but it won't budge, when I get it turning it is not losing the stem, mereloy stripping the socket. What help can you offer. It is a price pfister 3 handle shower
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 09:17 AM
    I ran into this a couple times...

Best bet here may be to go purchase a 1/2" drive deep socket of the correct size and then slide that over the stem and set onto the nut. Then take a small pipe wrench and grip the socket... turn counterclockwise to remove stem. This has never failed me yet!

Be sure to leave the stem in the OPEN position BEFORE trying to remove the stem assembly... leave 1/2 open 1/2 closed to re-install... ;)

Good luck!

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm trying to remove the price pfistevalve stem in the shower and I can't . Single [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to remove the old price pfister stem in the shower and I can't... single price pfister stem valve. Not sure the model or part number, just know the house is old, and the plumbing is probably old. I cannot figure out how to remove the cartridge to replace it.

Can't remove eschucheon from stem on bottom mount faucet [ 4 Answers ]

Please help. I have most of a bottom mounted faucet deinstalled but I can't figure out how to remove the handles to get to the eschucheon. I've tried pulling, unscrewing, there are no screws visible and it's all one piece. Since the faucet is old and doesn't work properly (I'm throwing it away) can...

Brass Shower Stem Not able to remove [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have a leaky tub/shower faucet. I'm trying to replace the washers/orings, but I can't seem to get the inner brass stem bonnet nut off. I've bought the 5 piece stem socket tools, but none seem to fit. One comes close to fitting, but when I try to get leverage on it, it slips....

Shower stem [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get a stem out or a shower that is stuck?

Remove faucet stem [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to repair a leaky faucet in my bathroom sink. I have removed the cap on the handle, removed the screw and pulled off the handle. I am unable to remove the stem. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is a Sayco faucet and could be 20 years old. Thank you.

View more questions Search