Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pstalsania Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 03:55 AM
    Installed recessed lt, addd brkr, light goes low frequently
    Hi

We installed recessed light(6), run through new circuit breaker. Now frequently when fridge automatically triggers, all house light dims and come back normal. This happen almost every 5 minutes. Before it newer used to happen. Please suggest what to do
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2008, 05:23 AM
    There seems to be a loose connection now, possibly in the panel, something you disturbed, or was loose and you made it worse. Could be a terminal connection or a loose breaker. Since the only commonality is the panel that is where the problem should be.
    evolkmar Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2008, 08:03 AM

Sometimes if there is a dimmer on the lights it get very sensetive to voltage change. You might not have any loose connection, but in my case I hade the power company install a new aditional transformer on the back yard up on the pole, that helped,
    benaround Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Nov 11, 2008, 10:27 PM
    I'm sure tkrussel has given the correct answer to your problem, something got out of

Place when the new circuit got teid into the panel.

Suggesting a new transformer is really a very funny answer, dimmers will do that??
    evolkmar Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benaround View Post
    I'm sure tkrussel has given the correct answer to your problem, something got out of

place when the new circuit got teid into the panel.

Suggesting a new transformer is really a very funny answer, dimmers will do that ????
    You can give your suggestion, but what you don't know don't say,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recessed Lights: Light Switch does not work. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I just installed 2 IC recessed lighting in our kitchen. One of the hole where I attached one of the recessed lights had 2 metallic flexible cables. 1 of which had 1 white, 1 red, 1 orange, and 1 green. The other cable had 1 white, 1 red, and 1 green. The recessed fixture has 3 wires: White,...

My pilot light is going out frequently [ 7 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool gas furnace. I just changed the limit/control switch and my furnace is almost working perfectly except for one problem. The pilot light will go out frequently. It has no set pattern for going out it will be working fine and all of a sudden go out. Could it be just the...

Recessed Light and Air Duct [ 2 Answers ]

I recently started a project to install recessed light in my family room. Everything was checked and planned. All holes were cut and align properly... until the last hole. It appear that I have an air duct running right on top it. It's big and it has black plastic wrap enclosure. One of...

Recessed light installation [ 1 Answers ]

I posted a message here several weeks ago about a contractor who simply stapled the Bx cable for recessed lights to the bottom of the joist rather than running it through the joist (1st floor of 2 story home). The electrician has finally agreed to come back after much prodding and redo the work...

Recessed light in shower, GFI? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I I want to put a recessed light above my shower, does it need to be gfi protected? If so, what is the easiest way to do this, since it can't be on the bathrooms regular light circuit. I was thinking switchleg out of the bathroom gfi receptacle? Also, my panel is on the opposite...

View more questions Search