Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i luv fish Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2008, 01:08 AM
    Is it all right if your fish floats in the middle of the tank
    Helllo I have got a fish and it is a black moor, I have had him for quite a while but I have noticed and I started to that he/she is floating in the middle of the tank and just floating there is my fish all right or what should I do.

Thanks please reply :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 01:21 AM

Sounds to me like the fish might be dead.

Nov 11, 2008, 01:25 AM

Um no its fine it just floats in the top I was just wondering its healthy and fine.
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 08:12 AM

Ummmm... is he floating upside down? Does he move at times? I know you should never tap the glass but I think you might want to do that every once in a while to make sure he's still living...
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 08:20 AM

Have your water tested, is there petsmart near you? They can tell you if your water is OK or not. I also had a few black moor fish and they started to do the same thing and then I only had one left. I took the water in to be tested and the stress levels were really high. It wouldn't hurt to have your water checked

Nov 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Well ihave git my water tested 2 times and the water is always fine my mum says it is sleeping
    :(
    READY125 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 05:37 PM

I got a bunch of goldfish... a huge Moore and she is one lazy fish... having like 35-40 of these large orintimental goldfish I have noticed that for us who keep them at home <and for years> that they dojust kind of hang out at times... lifeless... and just there... but it shouldn't do this all the time!. for the most part it should be activ and swimming around... Try a good water change... 50% if you can that sometimes helps... as well as cooler tempratures... 70' is cool... and then another water change in a week or two... bet that will perk her up... and get her sum seaweed from the regular market... orential section twice as much 1/2 the price... good luck.

Nov 16, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Hi thank you for the info but sadly my fish has died this morning well we actually had to kill it because it was floating on the side, we now know what the problem is, it is because a type of disease is in the water so I am gettig a new big tank and starting all over again.
    Please reply if there is anything to say.:(:(:(:(

Nov 17, 2008, 02:35 AM

What type of disease?. and more importiantly I'm sorry... it is sad when ever you loose anything in yer life. So I am sorry to hear you lost her... and I would love to know what type of disease it was .
    Thanks
    Joe

Nov 18, 2008, 12:11 AM
    Well thnkyou we think that it was either gill fluke or either a type of dropsy. I have got this other type of fish which is called Gill Fluke we thought it was going 2 die but we took it up 2 hornsby aquarium and it has got these pills to put in the tank.
    Please reply:cool::eek::D:o:rolleyes::(

Nov 18, 2008, 01:00 AM

Ahhhh OK... well happy to hear you are on your way to healthy fish tank!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beginner fish tank! [ 4 Answers ]

OK so I've got a goldfish of some variety which my sister decided to bring home from the fair.. the fool Anyway... went out and bough a starter aquarium set 13 litre tank which came with a filter and some lovely multicoloured gravel. What else do I need and what recommendations can you make for...

Running a fish tank [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya can someone tell me how to work out how much it costs to run a fish tank? Thanx:confused:

PH adjustments in my fish tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 30 gallon fish tank with discus fish I can't seem to lower the PH to the correct setting. I have tried everything at the local pet store it is about 7.5 I need 7.0 please help:confused:

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

Fish tank cloudy [ 6 Answers ]

All the typical teats come back normal (ammonia, nitrite,nitrate) but the water stays cloudy no matter the water changed or not. The fish tank is a 72 bow front with 4 fish 2 Amazon tiger catfish both about 8 in. 1 armor catfish and 1 pleco. I know the tank is not over stocked or over feed. Any...

View more questions Search