Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truckman Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Red irritation.
    For a couple of years now I have had a slight red rash on the crown of my penis and it seems to get really sore after having sex or oral. I have been to doctors and they have just passed it off every time. Recently I have had some uncomfort in the head and more redness,went to the urologist and he put me on doxycycline and it seemed to help a little. Also got tested for STD and everything came back negative. I finally got a referral to a dermatologist, has anyone had this before or knows what it could possibly be so I can have a better understanding
    Hazel1220 Posts: 102, Reputation: 13

Nov 10, 2008, 09:26 PM

Some men I know have gotten yeast infections from their partners who might have had them or just a change in their own body's chemistry. Usually it occurs in uncircumsiced men but can happen to anyone really. The doc can prescribe a cream for it and it helps quickly. Maybe the doc you saw just wasn't looking for that? Who knows.
    Also you said it was for some years now but some people have predispositions to yeast sensativity.

Nov 10, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel1220 View Post
    Also you said it was for some years now but some people have predispositions to yeast sensativity.
    This meaning? Also it never goes away... the redness is always there like a permi-rash
    Hazel1220 Posts: 102, Reputation: 13

Nov 10, 2008, 10:54 PM

I mean that some people based on their diet and body chemistry and many other environmental factors sometimes can develop imbalances which very often led to yeast infections. It is a common misconception that women are the only ones (though very often the majority) who get yeast infections. Sometimes too much beer or carbs can change the flora and fauna of your body. I know some people that have to watch everything they put in their body because of the effect it has on them and their natural balances. Try taking accidopholus pills or supplements. They can be found at a natural food store and the best ones are kept in the fridge. Accidopholus can be found in yogurt but is higher concentration in the supplements. This will help keep your body more in a natural balance.
    Another thing is did you ever have any trauma to your penis such as a cut or anything like that? Perhaps if that was the case maybe some bacteria or pathogen found a way into your body and has created this irritation.
    Allergic reaction to underwear or detergent?

I hope I helped!
    Ferghus Posts: 97, Reputation: -4

Nov 10, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by truckman View Post
    for a couple of years now i have had a slight red rash on the crown of my penis and it seems to get really sore after havin sex or oral. i have been to doctors and they have just passed it off everytime. recently i have had some uncomfort in the head and more redness,went to the urologist and he put me on doxycycline and it seemed to help a lil. also got tested for STD and everything came back negative. i finally got a referral to a dermatologist, has anyone had this before or knows what it could possibly be so i can have a better understanding
    While I didn't have your problem exactly, I did at one time, develop an odd rash on my penis. Went to the doctor and he asked what kind of soap I was using. I told him Coast. He suggested I use something milder like plain Ivory. That did the trick, never had that rash again. So maybe you also have an algeric reaction to something... maybe it's your GF?
    RNDavid872 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Nov 11, 2008, 12:20 AM

This may be a fungus. (Frankly, it would be easier to diagnose if I saw it) Fungi don't go away without proper treatment. Some fungi are fairly treatment specific, so I would ask your dermatologist. Good luck.
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Nov 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel1220 View Post
    I mean that some people based on their diet and body chemistry and many other environmental factors sometimes can develop imbalances which very often led to yeast infections.... Sometimes too much beer or carbs can change the flora and fauna of your body. I know some people that have to watch everything they put in their body because of the effect it has on them and their natural balances. Try taking accidopholus pills or supplements. They can be found at a natural food store and the best ones are kept in the fridge. Accidopholus can be found in yogurt but is higher concentration in the supplements. This will help keep your body more in a natural balance. Allergic reaction to underwear or detergent?
    Hazel could be on track about the imbalance. It's an imbalance of the body pH which is affected by the type of foods we eat. High carb, high fat diets cause an acidic pH and yeast thrives in an acidic environment (6.0-6.75 pH). You can purchase pH strip to see if you are in balance. An ideal pH is 7.0-7.25 which requires a diet containing raw fruits and vegetables.
    I also agree with her that you could be having a reaction to either the laundry detergent or chemicals in dryer sheets. They are present in the material and perspiration or dribbles of urine can activate the chemicals causing the irritation. Try washing your underclothes in something like Arm & Hammer and skip the dryer sheets.
    Ferghus's suggestion about changing to a mild soap like Ivory is definitely something to try.
    Most of the time it's the little things that make the big difference.

Nov 11, 2008, 08:29 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and input. Imma try these things and see what happens. As for the detergent I don't think it is that because I have lived in three different places and I usually never buy the same detergent because by the time I get to the store I forgot the last kind I got lol anyway it could be a fungus, HOPEFULLY an easily treatable one. It originated a couple years ago after I had pretty good (rough) sex with a girl I met and its been there ever since, but I've been tested for everything and its been negative for everything every time... I'm baffled. Also what baffles my mind is that every time I have been to the doctor they say o its normal and think nothing more of it. I had to tell them that there is something wrong with it and ask for a referral to get ANY help out of them for it at all! What gives? No offense to any doctors, just the ones that passed me off, but why are they there if they won't help unless keep insisting?
    Dices77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by truckman View Post
    thanks to everyone for all the suggestions and input. imma try these things and see what happens. as for the detergent i dont think it is that because i have lived in three different places and i usually never buy the same detergent because by the time i get to the store i forgot the last kind i got lol anywho it could be a fungus, HOPEFULLY an easily treatable one. It originated a couple years ago after i had pretty good (rough) sex with a girl i met and its been there ever since, but i've been tested for everything and its been negative for everything everytime... im baffled. also what baffles my mind is that everytime i have been to the doctor they say o its normal and think nothin more of it. i had to tell them that there is something wrong with it and ask for a referal to get ANY help out of them for it at all! what gives? no offense to any doctors, just the ones that passed me off, but why are they there if they wont help unless keep insisting?

HEY truckman,

I think I have the exactly same thing and have for over a year. Like you, mine started after sex. I've tested negative many times for every STD. I've tried anti fungal creams and steroids and nothing helps. Have you or anyone else found any answers?

Thanks
    D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal Discharge and irritation [ 1 Answers ]

I have just switched to the Nuvo Ring. Within the past 2 days, I have experience mild discharge and major dryness. The symptom is similar to a yeast infection, but it is not yeast infection. Is this a side effect of Nuvo Ring or a sign of a major problem?

Irritation from masturbation [ 3 Answers ]

I gave a man oral sex the other night and noticed that there was a patch on the head of his penis. I stopped immediately and asked him what it was. He told me that he had been masterbating a lot lately and he does this by rubbing the head of his penis on his wrist which caused irratation and...

Skin Irritation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I noticed that I have flaky skin on my scrotum, coloured yellow. It also has an odour and the shaft of my penis is covered in small white dots (on the skin, not under) What is going on?

SAM-e bowel irritation [ 7 Answers ]

I just started taking sam-e yesterday. I woke up this morning with some bowel irritation and bloating. Not real painful just uncomfortable. Will this side effect go away? If not is there anything I can do to stop it?

View more questions Search