Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larryregas Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Fixing Lumpy Lawn
    I took out my lawn last summer and laid down sod. I fattened the diret and rolled and the whole nine yards. However I think I might have watered the lawn too much because it always feels like I am sinking. Now a year later it is very lump but it still feels as if I am sinking in some places. Is there anything I can do at thi point to flatten out the lawn without tearing it out and strting again?

Larry
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 07:29 PM

Roll in again when its wet, also rent a core aerator.
    reschuppert Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
    It sounds like you might have a drainage problem. Try plugging the lawn and top dressing with a sandy lome, then roll it three to four different directions . For the next couple of years and see if that helps. If not peel up the bad spots and fill them with sandy lome and then roll.
    larryregas Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I will give those a shot.
    greenskeeper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 09:49 PM
    If you have bermuda, scalp it down as low as possible in the spring and cover it with sand(washed brick sand) about .5 inches to .75 inches thick. Drag sand around with a mat or similar drag (which you can build with 2x6 lumber) until smooth. This fills all low spots and holes. Water 3 times per day for about 3 min. per station for about 10 days until grass grows through.. YOu will then have a smooth lawn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement finishing .(lumpy creaky upstairs floor) [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently began a basement remodeling project. Metal studs from cement floor to ceiling joists, greenboard on the walls. The ceiling has been furred down across the floor joists for a tongue and groove ceiling . I used 2x3s for furring as I needed to get down from the floor joists 1.50 inches...

Suggestions for fixing bare lawn? [ 19 Answers ]

I hope someone answers this one - I'm having little luck on this board. My yard is (mostly) very shady and the ground is pretty moist. There are a lot of large trees surrounding. I'll soon be seeding to patch some pretty major bare spots in the lawn. Any suggestions? Bluegrass? Ryegrass?...

Lumpy teats after being spayed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I took my 7 month old kitten to be spayed last Friday, all was well, until I came home from work on Monday evening and she managed to have pulled her stitches out. I contacted the vets and they asked me to take her in for them to have a look. They then stapled the wound and gave her a...

View more questions Search