Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabby_white123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Cant send email on craigslist
    I try to e mail on craigslist and my computer won't let me it keeps saying that I don't have 'stmp' or something like that... how do I fix it to where I can e mail on craigslist?
    The Rev Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 02:10 AM

Tabby,
    I assume that you are responding to something on Craigslist, by clicking the link? If so, then the link will bring up your default email program (Outlook Express, maybe?) and try to email the person.
    If you only use web-based email (Yahoo, Gmail, MSN, Hotmail, etc), then you need to right-click the link on the ad, then choose "copy shortcut", log into your webmail account, create a new message, and "paste" in the TO: field of the new email.
    If you do have Outlook Express or another email program, you need to call your internet provider to have them walk you through setting up the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server settings... by the way, that's just the Outgoing mail setting :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot send email [ 5 Answers ]

I am using Thunderbird (2.0.0.16) primarily for email, although I do still have Outlook Express (v 6). I am using Windows XP (fully patched) with a Netopia 2241 DSL modem and a LinkSys BEFSR41 router in a home network. I am using AVG Free Version 8.00 anti virus. No software firewalls. Last...

Cannot send email [ 1 Answers ]

Cannot send email with Windows Live Email--receive error message ox800cccof--your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection". Was working successfully for 6months and now does not work. Any suggestions

Should I send a b-day email to the ex ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, it has been awhile since I have posted here, short story is my ex left a year ago to go back to her ex for a third time (she never got over him and thinks he's changed for the better ) and is planning on marrying him. The breakup was hard for me and I am now working on myself and even...

Can't send email [ 1 Answers ]

I can receive emails, but can't send them. I have re-configured my settings, but to no avail.

View more questions Search