Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Wood burning stove.
    What will my insurance rates do if I have a wood burning stove in?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 07:27 PM

The only way to know for sure is to ask your agent. They will go up but how much is up to each companies underwriters.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Many times insurance companys ask for your inspection certificate from the local building department to insure the unit was installed to all fire codes. In this area it is the norm for it to be asked for. As a county inspector a few years ago I had to go out and inspect wood stoves because the homeowner went to get a different insurance company because of cheaper rates. I probably turned down 80% of the units I inspected for clerance to combustibles and floor protection. Sad to say but the homeowners spent more than they saved but the install was by the book and much safer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood burning stove pipe clearance [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the min clearance for DuraBlack single wall pipe is to drywall? The specs say 18 inches away from any combustible, but doesn't say what it is for drywall. Thanks.

Removeing wood burning stove [ 2 Answers ]

I'm purchasing a home and it has a wood burning stove right off the kitchen and I'll probably never use it. Is it hard to remove? Is it worth something? Or should I just keep it?

Wiring thermostat to wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wood burning stove in my pole barn. I have add a blower to it and want to control the blower to turn on & off by way of a thermostat. Could anyone help me with this?

Removing a wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

Help! When we brought this townhome it came w/a wood burning stove in the fireplace. It is ugly to us and we would like to remove it. Can we just leave the "hole" and still burn wood?

View more questions Search