Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akashyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Passport with the Valid F1 lost. Reapplying.
    I have lost my passport and F1 Visa. And I am reapllying for one. Currently in USA but visiting India on December 15 2008. Leaving to US on Jan 9/09.

Can I pay my Visa Application Fee (MRV Fee) while I am in the USA. I can't wait till I go to India and then pay the fee and book the date for my interview. I am sure the dates will be exhausted by then.

Akash
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 11:11 AM

1. File a missing passport, report at the nearest police station.

2. Download application for replacement passport from your native consulate's website. Fill the application, attach police report. Submit at your country's consulate along with fee for replacement.

3. Apply for replacement I-94 at USCIS, along with copies of old passport/visa etc. For exact procedure visit USCIS Home Page

The replacement I94 takes months depending on application backlog at USCIS. It also depends on which processing center your application goes to. If you have copies of the old passport and I-94, it will be much faster.

If you leave US, you would need to apply for a new F-1 from your home country.
    akashyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 11:59 AM

I understand and am aware of what you said. My question was more specific.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost passport [ 1 Answers ]

OK I came to amreica and I ova stayed my time lost my passport got it back but no visa in it , the i95 form is gone ,and I got married do I need the i95 card for my wife to file my papers for me

Lost portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am of goan origin and my father is also a goan. My father has applied for the portuguese passport as he is entittled for it, the process is very very slow and time is running out for me and my brother. As per my fathers memory, during portuguese time he had his portuguese passport but he did...

Lost id need passport [ 3 Answers ]

I Lost My Id Card And I Don't Have Passport .can You Tell Me Please What To Do Because I Live To Far From London And I Need Go To Portugal Soon.thank You

View more questions Search