Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgiewont Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Energy that Waves Exert
    I'm a PA for the television show "How Stuff Works" that is premiering on Discovery Channel in the next few months. I need the blanks filled in the fact below. OR... I could use a different fact that is relatable to this one. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

Research shows that waves in 12,000 feet of water can crash into ships at over__ miles an hour—exerting __ times more energy on the hull than when it’s docked at port.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 07:31 PM

If you work for Discovery Channel, use that credential to call an ocean engineering expert at MIT and get them to answer your question. Have a list of questions you can ask all at once, so you don't have to call back several times...

If you are unsure who to call, call MIT's public information office and ask for assistance. Make sure you credit your expert.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Nov 17, 2008, 05:59 PM

Also, do a search on "rogue waves"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Waves [ 3 Answers ]

the speed of radio waves in air is 3 x 10^8 m/s. what is the wavelength of radio waves having a frequency of 5 x 10^5 hz? :eek:

Waves [ 1 Answers ]

How many photons of red light of wavelength 700nm do you need to get at least as much energy as one of blue light with wavelength 301nm?

Waves [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help with an easy explanation of how a radio works. Doing an assignment on waves and hard to find a simple definition.

View more questions Search