Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused5000 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2008, 03:28 AM
    What can I do about my tiredness?
    Recently I feel really exhausted to the point where I'm falling asleep at work and come home from work and just feel too tired to do anything. I think it may be due to my diet. I live in Japan and I can't cook so I live on a diet of convenience store bentos and restaurant food and I think it's starting to affect my health after one year. Do you have any advice on what I can do to get myself healthy and fit again. At the moment, my skin is breaking out in spots and I have no colour in my face at all. Any simple recipes or suggestions on how to eat a well-balanced diet would be great... for someone who doesn't have a clue about nutrition :confused:

Thank you!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 09:20 AM

Sounds like you may want to visit a doctor, the symptoms seem like they may mean something else, not just altering your diet may help.
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Nov 15, 2008, 08:07 PM

If you want help with tiredness click on my signature. If you want to learn how to live a healthy life go to: http://myhealthessentials.blogspot.com. It tells you what foods to eat. What kinds of foods are good. Where to shop for healthy food. What snacks to snack on that are healthy. What foods to stay away from that are not healthy. Check it out. Wishing you good health! I hope you feel better soon.
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Nov 15, 2008, 08:59 PM

You might want to try a food and vitamin suppliment that I take called reliv. I've been taking it for 14 years e-mail me or Google reliv
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2008, 08:29 PM

Fuchsia I would be really interested in your link but it didn't work for me.

I use to fall asleep all the time but since I have been taking vitamin B complex and an anti oxidant in the morning and calcium, magnesium and vitamin D3 at bedtime I have lots of energy and rarely feel tired.
    Sounds like you really need checked for vitamin & mineral deficiencies and take what you are lacking as well as get a healthier diet.
    Chrisseitzinger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I had the same problem and found out that I had sleep APNEA. I saw a MD and she set me up with a sleep study to see if I had sleep APNEA. I found out that I was Moderate to severe. I am now using a CPAP machine at night and finding I am not sleepy all day long and falling asleep driving, at work or just sitting. Could be your answer. Also a good diet with salmon or other fish twice or more a week and a good work out program also helps.
    Hope this helps??
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Feb 4, 2009, 07:37 AM

I agree in that you may want to see a doctor just in case. Try eating healthfully for now. Whole "clean" foods or organic foods. It's OK if you don't have easy access to. Just eating vegetables, spinach and broccoli are especially good for their vitamin content. Protein such as whole eggs ( more than 3 per week not recommended) or just the egg whites. Oatmeal for breakfast or cream of wheat. A bagel even now and then is fine. Chicken or Fish. The idea is you want to get good nutrients back in your system. Stay away from processed foods or the store bought food you referred to. No good for that long at all. And yes you can have pasta or rice in moderation. If you want you may opt to have whole wheat pasta or brown rice. Careful what you put on the pasta though. No canned sauce or anything with preservatives and/or synthetics. You want to stay away from that stuff for sure. Once you eat fresh good foods for you, hopefully you will start to feel better if it is a case where you're nutrition is just a bit depleted right now. Feel better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search