Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    n2c Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Heat Pump Stop Working.
    Dear,
    My Heat Pump has suddenly stopped working even though we set the thermostat in Heating mode. When I hit the contactor to test the compressor, it ran fine. So, there is obviously nothing wrong with the compressor. What are the possible causes of the problem? My stat is the Vision Pro 8000 and my Heat Pump is RUUD UPKB-048CAZ. The fan and the Air Filter of the Air Handling Unit are still in good condition. Thanks for your help. Brian Nguyen
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 10:44 PM
    The low voltage power is not getting to the contactor to activate it. Start by using a electric meter and tracing the low voltage power from the unit back to the inside unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Heat Pump won't stop running! [ 3 Answers ]

We have a carrier tech2000 electric heat pump and it won’t stop running. We attempted to turn the unit off at the thermostat, but the only way to stop it is to turn it off at the breaker. The unit outside seems to be off? The outside fan doesn't spin despite the hot hair & constant blowing...

Heat pump atop working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Lennox eletric heat pump that at first kept tripping the circuit breaker. It had just started tripping the breaker this last month. I used to be able to reset the breaker. Now when I try to reset it, it goes back to the off position. One HVAC personnel came out and said...

Heat pump atop working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Lennox electric heat pump that at first kept tripping the circuit breaker. It had just started tripping the breaker this last month. I used to be able to reset the breaker. Now when I try to reset it, it goes back to the off position. One HVAC personnel came out and said...

Heat Pump Not Working (Chef Brand?) Is Very Old [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a replacement motor for a?? Chef heat pump? A technician told us the motor is gone, but unit is very old and company out of bus and no replacement parts. I only find (something) cef as a brand, no model/parts# /serial#. Do I need to replace the whole heat pump, or is there a replacement...

Blower on top of heat pump not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman heat pump that is less than 2 years old and has worked well up until a couple of days ago. Now, the air conditioning and the heat will not work, but the fan and furnace still works. After checking things out myself for small problems with the electrical box, etc, I noticed that...

View more questions Search