Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Nov 9, 2008, 06:44 PM
    An explination would be nice.
    My boyfriend and I of over a year and a half broke up about 5 days ago, today we went on a walk as friends, and I said I won't discuss the relationship unless he brings it up. Well, he did. On top of that - he kissed me, a lot. And I didn't know what to do, and was in a state of shock over it. We agreed more time is necessary before anything can happen again. But he confused the h*ll out of me this evening. I don't know what's going on. I am so confused about the situation. Thoughts please? Especially from people who may have dealt with this before...

**EDIT**

Last night I was really confused and didn't go into a lot of detail. Last Thursday (11/6), we broke up because things were a little rocky and we didn't like all of the fighting. We talked somewhat through Friday up until yesterday (11/9). Yesterday around 5:30 P.M. I just needed to get out and go for a walk, and we were talking at that time, and I asked if he would like to join me. He said he would, and so we met up and just walked around town for a while. Eventually we ended up just sitting on a bench and talking about what we've been up to and such, and it was very pleasant. Mid-sentence, he plants a huge kiss on me, and just kept kissing. He told me he does love me and does miss me. And I said I missed him too. I was in a state of shock though when he kissed me. We continued talking and he planted a few more kisses on me. Still, I didn't know what to do. I was confused. Eventually 8 came around and I needed to go home. We talked a little more, and he said he just needs time to think about things before we can get back together, I respected that, because I know arguing about it would jepardize things. I gave him a huge hug, and we parted ways, and after that my phone buzzed with a text saying "Your hugs are amazing." I know it's a little comment, but enough to put a smile on my face. Mind you, all kisses, hugs, and such were initiated by him - I didn't do anything. And, I know only time can tell - but, I can't help to wonder - is this going to go anywhere?

(Pardon my spelling and grammar, I am using a mac computer, and I am not familiar with them what-so-ever.)
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 01:08 PM

I think that it sounds like you are on a path of recovery, that he believes so too, but that you both want to reconnect at the right speed, not just jump right back in. Sometimes when you are fighting with your partner too often, the best remedy is some time alone so that you can regroup. Sounds like you are both getting that. I would be patient, no matter how difficult it is. Sounds like he will be coming around.

Nov 10, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I think that it sounds like you are on a path of recovery, that he believes so too, but that you both want to reconnect at the right speed, not just jump right back in. Sometimes when you are fighting with your partner too often, the best remedy is some time alone so that you can regroup. Sounds like you are both getting that. I would be patient, no matter how difficult it is. Sounds like he will be coming around.
    You just put the biggest smile on my face. :) I asked friends... and family... and they said the same. But something about someone I don't know, I think you just jammed it in my head. Thank You!
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Nov 10, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Break ups are good? Wait what? Yeah, I don't know as hard as they are on both loving parties somehow it pulls our heads out of our asses and realizes what each other truly means and what needs to be fixed, it sounds like everything should be fine and your both sincere about the relationship, good luck my best wishes to both of you.

Nov 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeChangesMan View Post
    break ups are good? wait what? yeah, i don't know as hard as they are on both loving parties somehow it pulls our heads out of our asses and realizes what each other truly means and what needs to be fixed, it sounds like everything should be fine and your both sincere about the relationship, good luck my best wishes to both of you.
    Thank you, so much. :)
    I never believed that quote: "Sometimes you've got to break up to make up."
    But, I'm really seeing it now... :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 10, 2008, 10:29 PM

I know only time can tell - but, I can't help to wonder - is this going to go anywhere?
    Put in the time and see. Ah! The mysteries of life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you wonder if you want to be a nice guy anymore or you think nice guy finish last [ 6 Answers ]

YOU SHOULD Definitely CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE YOU MAKING ANY DECISION... IT SO TRUE ABOUT EVERY AREAS OF A NICE GUY SITUATION AND HOW THEY FEEL ANYTHING EVERYTHING... DO NICE GUYS REALLY FINISHED LAST ? WHAT SHOULD NICE GUYS DO ? Movie name : Just A Nice Guy Part 1 : YouTube - Just A Nice...

Clear explination of difference between Democrat and Republican [ 5 Answers ]

I'm reminded of the time that Catherine - a little girl in our Neighborhood - told me that she wanted to be President one day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there with us - and I Asked Catherine - "If you were President what would be the first thing you would...

If you wonder if you want to be a nice guy anymore or you think nice guy finish last [ 12 Answers ]

YOU SHOULD Definitely CHECK THIS OUT BEFORE YOU MAKING ANY DECISION... IT SO TRUE ABOUT EVERY AREAS OF A NICE GUY SITUATION AND HOW THEY FEEL ANYTHING EVERYTHING... DO NICE GUYS REALLY FINISH LAST ? WHAT SHOULD NICE GUY SO ? Movie name : Just A Nice Guy Part 1 : YouTube - Just A Nice Guy -...

4 year girlfriend ups and leaves.no particular or exact explination [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone.. I am having a bit of a problem.. my girlfriend broke up with me about 2 months ago.. we were together for 4 and ahalf years.. Ive already made the stupid mistake of chasing after her.. trying to talk to her.. begging for a chance.. throught out our relationship we were so in love.....

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

View more questions Search