Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [crh] Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2006, 04:41 AM
    And after your course, where do you go? *snap snap*
    Next year I will be taking a photography course at my college. Its something that has interested me for a while, and looks like a good creative subject, which is the type I enjoy the most! Im taking music too, and¬_¬ government and politics ¬_¬.

I was just wondering, if people could tell me what kind of possible opportunities, briefly, (bar just, "photographer"), or directions would be good to go in afterwards, or what kind of things would benefit from a result in photography... It may seem like a very vague question, but some ideas, might spark something in my mind and help me out, as I have no plan for what to do afterwards, and any ideas are welcome, so thanks :)

- Chris
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 17, 2006, 04:58 AM
    Is there any recreational boating near you? I grew up sailing and when I got into photography I learned quite by accident that owners love pictures of their boats out in the open water. This is espcially true of sailboat owners, with their vessels under full sail. I would go out on a friend's powerboat and take random photos, ones I thought were especially good. I would note the boat registration and later look up the owner to offer what I had at a reasonable price. Most took the bait! (haha) This eventually parlayed into custom work where I did the "photo shoot" for a boat owner who hired me. It was fun, easy money but I love being on the water too. Not a lot of competition for a nautical photographer. So maybe think about some winning combo of two interests? Thanks for posting, Chris and welcome!
    [crh] Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Thank you for that post! =] And that was a nice idea you had, taking pictures of peoples boats, not a bad idea at all. Unfortunately the nearest place with boats is the river thames, so I don't think I could do the same, but I thank you for giving me that kind of idea! Music seems like the obvious choise, with a lot of friends in bands and stuff, and with the gigs that I go to, purhaps I could do something for them, I'm sure like the people in there boats, they would love pictures of themselves, bouncing about the stage :D

So, thank you for your advise! Very helpful, thank you again :)

- Chris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search