Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JasonLeonard Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 01:14 PM
    How can I get a job in healthcare w/felonies on my record?
    Can I get a career in healthcare w/felonies on my record?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 01:40 PM
    What kind of healthcare career are you looking for?

Nov 9, 2008, 01:50 PM
    I am not sure. All I know is that I would love to work in a hospital. I have 3yrs experience as a CNA. I also wrote in "Past is catching up w/me". I have twin girls that are 3yrs old and I want to make a good life for them and at the same time have a job in healthcare that I would love doing.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 01:54 PM
    It's really hard to say. Were the felonies before your CNA job? All of the hospitals I have been experienced with will not allow anyone on the payroll with a felony.

Nov 9, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Yes, I was a CNA after I had the convictions. I have one in California and one in Nebraska. When the background search was first conducted it was only conducted in the state of Iowa in which I live and was employed. It came up clean. I had never been in trouble before in Iowa and wasn't planning on it. The one in Nebraska was in 2002. Since then, I have cleaned up my act and have been raising my twins. Like I said... my past is back to haunt me. There has to be a solution for people such as myself who have turned their life around and are trying to do what is right and Live a "normal" life.
    lautaun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 12:07 PM
    I'm from Michigan, and actually, I'm searching for the same answers about being able to find work in the health care field after being convicted of a felony. It seems that I've looked everywhere and have not had any success in finding answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthcare Law [ 5 Answers ]

Does a patient have the legal right to view their chart while in the hospital if they request it? Thanks in advance.

Healthcare versus non healthcare business planss [ 1 Answers ]

What is important in a healthcare business plan that is not ordinarily included in a non-healthcare plan?

No Healthcare? [ 54 Answers ]

What percentage of Americans are without healthcare?

Universal Healthcare? [ 1 Answers ]

I posted this here because it effects us all and is a big election issue. While the current US healthcare system is far from perfect, is Universal Healthcare the answer? BBC NEWS | Health | UK 'has worst cancer record' Pacific Research Institute • Publications • Michael Moore...

View more questions Search