Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liquesence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Name of late 80s/early 90s horror/ghost/slasher film
    I'm looking for the title of a this ghost/haunted house film. I don't recall much about it, but it came on pay channels back then (late 80s/early 90s).

Here is all I recall:

It is night, and some people (teenagers?) end up finding/arriving at (I can't remember if they were stranded, had car trouble or what) a house that is pretty much out in the country/in the middle of nowhere. The house is not run down or anything, but seems to be fairly kept up; just like an ordinary house. They knock and are welcomed by, and invited in by, the family. I can't recall who the members of the family of the family are, but there is a grandmother, who I recall as being in a rocking chair, a young (teenage?) girl (possibly? Blonde) and possibly a few other people.

I do not remember much about the plot, but I do know that the people who live in the house are ghosts. They look like ordinary people, but they are ghosts, and the longer the stranded people stay, weird stuff starts to happen and they begin being killed (maybe with an ax, I can't recall) and other weird stuff.

I know this is a very vague description, but this is all I recall, as I was a child at the time.

Thanks!
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Nov 10, 2008, 01:43 PM

Sounds a lot like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre from the 70's except for the whole ghost thing your talking about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's or early 90's HBO horror/adult movie [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! :eek: There was this movie that was shown on HBO in the late 80's to early 90's about vampires, but it wasn't just a horror movie it was also kind of like an adult movie because the vampires went to a mansion on a hill to have well... (there's really not a nice way of putting...

Name of 80's horror/slasher movie. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I remember watching this movie when I was younger either late 80's early 90's, it was aired on TV a few times... It was about this strip bar and their was a murderer in the crowd. A girl would be on stage dancing and it would show this weird camera angle of the killer coming in with his/her...

Horror/Slasher flick from 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to find the name of a horror/slasher flick from the mid to late 80's. Here's the premise. A rock n' roll guy goes around killing people with his guitar. The guitar is red & white and has a drill attached to it. Every time he is ready to kill someone he plays the guitar before killing...

View more questions Search