Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Nov 17, 2008, 08:14 AM

Yeah she absolutely does.. but her choices are all out of revenge right now.. and I am a witness of the sh*t this other girl has done to her so I am fully on my friends side.

Judy close this thread, I've received my answers for my friend. :-)
    mr206 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zawatska View Post
    is it illegal to make a poster with someones picture on it, and the word "whore"?
    Yes. Libel. In civil court, you can be sued for damages on: libel, slander (possibly, as vocalization of the claim would have been made to assert the written aspect) and defamation of character. It's not criminal, but civil courts typically lean towards the victim.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kilocharlie1 View Post
    Yes of course..its defemation of carachter

I assume you mean defamation of character - ?

You are confusing what is illegal - against the law - and the grounds upon which you can sue. I know of no law that states slander/defamation are illegal by law under the circumstances which have been posted.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zawatska View Post
    yeah she absolutely does..but her choices are all out of revenge right now..and i am a witness of the sh*t this other girl has done to her so i am fully on my friends side.

judy close this thread, ive received my answers for my friend. :-)

I'm working on it!
    mr206 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You are confusing what is illegal - against the law - and the grounds upon which you can sue. I know of no law that states slander/defamation are illegal by law under the circumstances which have been posted.
    Kind of correct. Those actions are illegal under tort law, but not criminal law. Tort law or civil law is bound to damages and fiscal penalties, rather than in carceration.

<-- law student. :D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 12:25 PM

Answered a dozen times that you can be sued in court if you do this.
    I know this is not the answer you want, but getting revenge will normally back fire on you. Doing this, you could expect similar ones put up by them next.

Grow up and move on with life.

Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is what I am about to do illegal? [ 18 Answers ]

My roommate and I have a dilemma. My current roommate and I have been on the lease since the beginning, and our friend moved in with us, but never got around to getting on the lease, she was afraid her credit was too bad. In August she lent her rent money to a friend of hers on rent day, and...

Which should be illegal [ 10 Answers ]

Since I have joined this wonderful site, I got to read all sorts of advice and opinions. I enjoy reading other people's points of views. I am interasted in hearing more. Now I have a couple of questions. After thinking about each one carefully, please explain between the two why one should be...

Illegal sex? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 20, is it legal for us as a couple to have sex in the state of Texas?

Would it be illegal? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 years old. I have a boyfriend who just turned 18 years old. We have been dating 2 and half years now, with no brake ups. I live in New York. Is it, or would it be illegal for us to have sex, just because he turned 18? If so, how could he get charged for having sexual contact with me, If...

Illegal? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay. So I am 15 years old. And I have been dating this guy for two months now. Hes 18. A few people have told me that this is illegal. But others say it is not. Im just confused and would like to know if it is or not. Also do any of you know if it is possible for me to move out without concent...

View more questions Search