Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mumbaifriend08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Speaking difficulty for a 2-year old child
    I shifted from Delhi to Mauritius about six months back with my family including my son (presently 2-year old). Prior to shifting here, my son used to say a few words like mama, papa etc. However, since our arrival in Mauritius, he has totally stopped speaking. The local paedeatrician opined that due to change of place and language, the child is presently under some sort of confusion and that there is nothing to worry for the time being. He also added that we can wait till the child completes two and half years before taking any corrective action. I wish to add here that many children of his age have already started speaking quite fluently and we find it hard to believe that our son could not even say few words so far. I SHALL BE VERY GLAD TO RECEIVE USEFUL SUGGESTIONS TO ENABLE MY SON OVERCOME THE PROBLEM.
    Jillian11905 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 12:05 PM

I just think you need to be a little patient and let him adjust. Maybe reading to him, talking to him, letting him know the difference in the language.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Age 2 Not Speaking [ 3 Answers ]

I have a niece age 2. He can only say two words. Vomits most of the time, and when he shows his anger, he will force himself to vomit or bang his head. Poor eye contact.

14 year old child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hey it is amanda again I have an important question. What if your father was supposed to show up at court when you were 5 years old and your parent filed child support but then he never showed up because he left town afraid that immigration would get him? Now that I am 14 years old can my mom file...

Evicting an 18 year old child [ 2 Answers ]

This child is not paying rent and is on the verge of causing a separation between the couple with whom he's staying. Does he have to be evicted if he isn't paying rent? I don't know if he has any specific rights since he's been staying there for a few months? Can they just ask him to leave?

Just finding out you may have a 18 year old child [ 1 Answers ]

If someone comes to you to tell you. You have a 18 year old child what should you do.

No child support in year don't want ex to be involved with child. [ 3 Answers ]

My ex has not paid any child support in 1 year. I did not take him to court. I really don't want him to be involved with the child because he has uncontroled mental illness. What rights does he have? My new husband wants to adupt him well that be possible and how? Do I have any rights that well...

View more questions Search