Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stumped08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 04:26 AM
    Accepting gifts from colleges
    My daughter is going to visit a college today and play a round of golf with the golf team in hopes of earning a scholarship. When she arrives at the course should she pay for her round of golf or is it considered accepting a gift if the golf coach from the school lets her play for free with the team? Please, I need an answer soon as she visits today and we never thought about this until someone mentioned it to us yesterday at our home course in passing conversation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 06:59 AM

If this is a try out, where they will be evaluating her, then they should be paying all costs of the test. If the trip is just a visit to try and talk her into going, ** already has a offer, then it would be a gift.

But on the other hand having worked with colleges, they have many ways around the gift issues, ask the foot ball players with new cars, large screen TV, vaction trips and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Gifts- Money vs gifts [ 2 Answers ]

Our grandson is getting married. The brides family is very wealthy while we are of meager income. Is it proper to give a modest gift of money or more proper to give a gift?

Inlaws not accepting [ 6 Answers ]

My husband of 10yrs and I had some relationship problems in the very beginning resulting from his drinking and control issues.(he now doesn't drink) He and his sister ran to his father and step mother, telling them what a terrible person I was and of course made me out as the bad guy. As a...

Accepting it's over. [ 13 Answers ]

I was dumped about 2 weeks ago, and I'm having trouble with stage one of a break up: accepting that she is not coming back. Anyone have any tips on how to move on from this "waiting" stage? Is it still TOO early to move on for me and normal to still have this "waiting" state of mind? Any...

Accepting his child [ 5 Answers ]

I'm confused: I recently started to date a great guy. I'm 27 and he's 29. I received an e-mail from a woman that is claiming she is having his baby. I was really upset about it, but at the same time I'm adult enough to look past this. I told her that I already knew about the situation (even though...

Accepting expensive gifts [ 8 Answers ]

I am hesitating whether to accept exensive gifts such as diamond jewellery from a one year old boyfriend even though I like him. I am only 17 and he is 20. Is it okay ? Will there be any implication of this on our friendship. Please advise me whether to accept it, In case advice is to return it...

View more questions Search