Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johana13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Divorce and infidelity
    My husband is in the army and want to get divorce. I'm currently pregnant and find out because I saw them that he is dating other person. The only evidence I have is emails each other send about meting in Washington and why he can visit her and how he love her. And a motel receipt that I got from the bank that show he use his card to pay. And also I have record of all the nights and hours he's out of the house or sleep away from home. How can I prove infidelity to get divorce by those terms. Do I need more or different evidence.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2008, 02:55 AM
    Hi, johana13!

I do feel badly for you because you're going through this kind of thing. I'm not sure of what evidence you might need to prove infidelity, because of not knowing the laws where you're located. Knowing where you're located would be helpful to those of us who do come along to address your question.

I do have some questions for you though, that depending on how you answer them, might help us to help you the best here.

Up until the time that you found out about him dating someone, how was your marriage? Were you already having some problems?

Have you spoken with him about the evidence that you found?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 07:08 AM

And often the judge does not really care why, unless there is a fight over terms of divorce.

And as silly as it may sound, your attorney sends him a list of questions he must produce for court, often they will just confess, since they don't know what evidence you have or don't have, ( unless you tell him) So you don't worry, you take what you have, and get an attorney
    johana13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
    It was all good until I became 4 months pregnant that he start to get distant and the excuse was too much work and because he was in the army I beleve him. We move from Alaska to Washington and there was when I went to the mall and saw him with her and he just told me deal with it.

The only problem I think we were having it was he was drinking with his friend too much after work three day in a week. But besides that everything was fine in all aspects.
    lottie11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 05:30 PM

Hey I'm richard keegan I'm trying 2 find my dad I last seen him in 2001 and have no idea ware he is now can some 1 please give me some indication of how I find him or how I go about this? Thanks
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2008, 10:50 PM

If you are in Washington state, infidelity is irrelevant (as it is irrelevant in California and most other states I know of) because the state (again most I know of ) have no fault divorce, which means all you need to show are "irreconcilable differences" (which can be anything) and you are entitled to a divorce. That's it. We don't care about infidelity, or any other legal consentual adult sexual conduct. No one cares, it mean absolutely zero, and you gain no advantage in the divorce because it occurred. In California you can be sanctioned in court (with a monetary fine or other penalty) for even mentioning it (infidelity).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can this prove infidelity? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband left our marriage abruptly a few months ago. I have circumstanstial evidence that he is cheating on me. I was told that infidelity in my state (Rhode Island) can only be proven if you catch the two parties "in the act" or by finding vehicles of the parties overnight together. I have...

Is it infidelity [ 9 Answers ]

My husband almost cheated on me, how do I cope with this?

Proving infidelity in a marriage for the purposes of divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there, My brothers wife left him and for three weeks before she was calling and texting this other guy regularly for 3 weeks (30 text messages a day and late night phone calls for 3 weeks). When confronted, she said she was talking to her sister's boyfriend on someone else's phone. Her whole...

Online Infidelity [ 2 Answers ]

What consists of online infidelity? I know it is a general question... just curious if anyone knows details?

View more questions Search