Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddie789 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 12:24 AM
    "morning sickness" medicine?
    Is Zofran good for pregnancy sickness? What other medicines will help? Are they safe for the mother and the baby?
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Nov 9, 2008, 12:27 AM

My suggestion. DON'T take any medication while pregnant unless your doctor prescribes it for you, or at least ok's it.
    sasha_1 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2008, 11:46 AM

I have been takng zofran starting from my 5th week and am still on it. I'm 21 weeks now. This is the safest drug for pregnancy - as per my doctor. You need prescription for this. I had uncontrolled vomiting and nausea. My vomiting has decreased now but nausea is still there.

Unfortunately, zofran does not work for everybody or everyday. For me, it works some days and other days I still vomit even if I take it. And it could never take away my nausea.

Another medication is Unisom, it is an otc medication but DO NOT take it unless your doctor advises. As per my doctor, this is also safe for pregnancy, and I was given this as I was unable to keep any food or water down. This does make me sleepy and tired but at least I am able to keep some food down.

Ask your doctor what's best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"morning after" pill for dogs [ 3 Answers ]

I know this is a strange question, but does anyone know if there is a treatment (whether by pill or shot) to prevent a pregnancy that may have occurred? I have a pure bred dog and she just went into heat last night. I wasn't sure if she looked swollen or not last night, so I didn't want to board...

Lighting for 60" Bathroom Vanity with 42" Mirrored Medicine Cab. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install Pendant light on each side of the 42" mirrored medicine cabinet (this cabinet will be recessed). How far apart should I space the 2 lights and how far from the ceiling should the bottom of the lights be? The mirror itself is not 42". The 42" is with the trim around the mirror. ...

Looking for song title lyrics are "In the morning I can see the sign no wonder I... " [ 7 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out who this song is by and what it is called. It's a rock song sung by a guy and some of the lyrics are... "In the morning I can see the sign, no wonder I could never keep you satisfied" I know this song is older maybe a few years. If anyone has any ideas...

"Morning after" pill for dogs? [ 1 Answers ]

We THOUGHT we took all the necessary precautions to keep our 1 1/2 year old purebred Weimaraner from being bred... needless to say the Sheltie found its way out of a 6' privacy fence and she found her way out of the kennel on the other side of the house. I came home to them being tied in the...

View more questions Search