Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 20, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Thats a really interesting point, Starman....

I can see your point as to how it would be detrimental to religion. I suppose this is my take on that so far...

If every possibility of my life were being played out simotaneously in different dimensions, then, in at least one dimension, I have become a Satanist.

So, either I would/should be held responsible for that dimension or I am, in some way, seperated from that life... which would mean I had infinite souls.

And if such thing is occuring, what or how does our conscious decide which path to follow? Do I have infinite consciousness following every possible path? Where is the connection?
    To be honest, I see no connection at all except that the physical appearances are identical sometimes and that at many points the locations and events are similar until they diverge and spin a whole new histories. What troubles me about this concept is that I don't see the inevitability of it. The existence of infinite space doesn't necessarily produce all this Infinite space if it exists is itself a creation and would remain uneventful unless acted upon by an almighty God. Also, it would be tantamount to blasphemy if we apply its consequences to Jesus. That alone, from my standpoint, assures its impossibility not just because of the inability of it to occur spontaneously but because God wouldn't create a universe in which the children of Adam are deprived of his mercy via the Ransom Sacrifice and where his son ceases to be his son and in which perhaps he himself has billions of diverse counterparts.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jun 20, 2006, 08:24 PM
    How would finding intelligent Life on other planets effect Religious beliefs?
    I can only speak for myself, but it would confirm what I already believe.

M:)RGANITE
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Oct 6, 2006, 05:08 AM
    The biggest difference is that we could by talking with them begin to widen our picture of God. No longer would the only "God Language" we could use be solely earth-human. To be more theological about it, we would no longer be bound by the anthropomorphic God-view intrinsic to humanity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bi religious marriages. [ 8 Answers ]

I am a Christian guy from the UK working in Pakistan. I have met a Muslim girl and we have fallen in love and would like to get married. Is this possible in Pakistan?

Intelligent Design & Evolution [ 190 Answers ]

Ok I know that this is a contentious issue, but I believe that it needs to be talked about. This has been mentioned in other threads, but I thought that it was time for a thread of its own. The main problem that I have is how can Intelligent Design (ID) be taught as a SCIENCE when it is based...

Intelligent design [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I have a question . Please help me on it: Stephen jay Gould thought the best way to argue against intelligent design as the origin of modern flora and fauma was to focus on such oddities of nature as a whale fetus's developping and then dissolving a comlpete set for teeth, in contrast...

President beliefs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, so I can't really find anything on what these presidents believed in politicaly, so yeah could u help me out? Name- Political Beliefs- George Washington- _____________ John Adams- _____________ Thomas Jefferson- _____________ James Madison- _____________ James Monroe- _____________...

Almost the same beliefs [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been reading the conversation Orange was having (sorry,Iforgot with who) I'm really enlightened to find out that Jews believe in an afterlife; this shaol u speak of where they wait for a messiah when they die. The Jews I've known pretty closely always gave the impression that they were "really"...

View more questions Search