Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shs2455 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 11:50 PM
    Bro and sis search for crystal and long-lost father
    I'm trying to get the title of a children's movie from the 80s/early 90s. A brother and sister are accompanied by this guy to look for a crystal rock and to find their father (I think he went off to war). They travel by boat, and there's this part where they go to a monastery and find skeletons of monks who were making books. There's also a part where they are going into a cave filled w/ dogs or creatures that are guarding the crystal. I think the guy w/ them turns out to be their dad.

I always thought the name of this movie was The Dark Crystal, but alas, it is not. Whenever I try to search for it I get the Jim Henson movie...

Please help!
    Revan Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Hey. I don't know the title of this movie, but it sounds like one I'm looking for. I remember a scene where a small blond girl is sitting next to a cave/rock :confused: wall and listening to a voice which comes out of a crevasse. There is light coming out of it, like maybe from a crystal. Do you remember that scene? I can't remember anything else, but I think the voice was of something trapped in the crevasse. I think there were other pple with her, but she was the one listening. If it's the same one, I'll post the title here when I find it.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    Hey. I don't know the title of this movie, but it sounds like one I'm looking for. I remember a scene where a small blond girl is sitting next to a cave/rock :confused: wall and listening to a voice which comes out of a crevasse. There is light coming out of it, like maybe from a crystal. Do you remember that scene? I can't remember anything else, but I think the voice was of something trapped in the crevasse. I think there were other pple with her, but she was the one listening. If it's the same one, I'll post the title here when I find it.

I remember renting this that you are talking about at hollywood video not too long ago.

Can't remember the name. It's going to bug me!
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 11:36 AM

Oh... I think you are talking about two different movies though.

Nov 24, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Aw I was hoping it was the same movie so that mebbe we could help each other. If you remember the title of the movie, let me know, I've been looking for it for two years lol.

I've looked in Google for your movie too, for an hour or so, but to no avail so far.

I'll keep looking though, I'm stubborn that way :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 08:47 PM

I did some major searching and went to hollywood video to look for it. It was not there.

The scene you described is just like the movie I saw.

The people that she was with were hidden in the cave behind the waterfall.

She called her dad, I believe, to tell him that she was sure that her brother was in the cave.

This is bugging me.

Nov 25, 2008, 03:05 AM

If you rented it from Hollywood Video, maybe they have the title in the computer? Do you recall anything from the cover of the video? The name of the director, the image on the cover, actors' names mebbe. Anything could help :p
    shs2455 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Damn you! Nice job! We're on the hunt, making a little bit of progress. I don't really remember that scene you're describing, but if I think about it hard enough it seems familiar, maybe because I'm forcing a memory. Still, are there any other scenes you remember--any specifics at all?

Yeah! You should tooootaly go to hollywood and ask them to pull up your rental history! Pleeease pleease, can you do that? It seems like that's our only chance right now to getting a title.
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shs2455 View Post
    damn yall! Nice job! We're on the hunt, making a little bit of progress. I dont really remember that scene you're describing, but if I think about it hard enough it seems familiar, maybe because I'm forcing a memory. Still, are there any other scenes you remember--any specifics at all?

Yeah! You should tooootaly go to hollywood and ask them to pull up your rental history! Pleeease pleease, can you do that? It seems like that's our only chance right now to getting a title.
    I would totally do that for you but I owe money... I wanted to do it! Lol :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2008, 05:09 PM

For some reason I am thinking that a flute or something was involved that transported them into the cave??

Nov 27, 2008, 07:17 AM

Hm I haven't found anything about a flute lol. (btw do you think you'll go back to Hollywood Video anytime soon? Ack, I'd so like to know that title :p)
    pynklemonaid15 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 04:18 PM

Did the movie have anything to do with a leprecan? If it did then the movie might be behind the waterfall.
    Behind the Waterfall - Feature Films For Families
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pynklemonaid15 View Post
    did the movie have anything to do with a leprecan? if it did then the movie might be behind the waterfall.
    Behind the Waterfall - Feature Films For Families
    I think you might be on to something. I don't think it is behind the waterfall, but my boyfriend did buy movies from feature films from families. We had a few.

So now I don't know if I got it from hollywood video, because we rented from their once a week or it was a feature from feature films for families. All the dvd's are at his moms right now, so I can't check.

Dec 5, 2008, 04:03 AM
    Hey :) Have you found out anything more? No luck for me so far :(

Dec 6, 2008, 07:27 PM
    No I haven't, was it a feature films for families video? Do you remember that? But I watched behind the waterfall again, the bro and sis part and flute match, but their dad is already dead in the movie.so... sorry!

Dec 6, 2008, 07:29 PM

Wait, I remember this one movie I saw, did it have something to do with raising money for an old man and an old scroll they found to a treasure?
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pynklemonaid15 View Post
    no i havent, was it a feature films for families video? do you remember that? but i watched behind the waterfall again, the bro and sis part and flute match, but their dad is already dead in the movie.so... sorry!
    I am trying to watch the trailer of behind the waterfall. It is not working. Do you own it on dvd or are you watching it on the internet. Please let me know so it can refresh my memory.

Dec 7, 2008, 07:04 PM
    I OWN IT ON VHS. I don't know where else you could find it, because I bet they don't have it at the library do they? They are kind of forgotten movies. Because if it doesn't load from the internet from one site it might not from any other either
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 07:06 PM

In the movie, does the girl call someone and tell them she has found the boy and someone told her he was in the cave and the person that she called said they were going to get a bulldozer or something?
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 07:12 PM

Actually it might not have been a phone call. I remember her trying to hurry to town to tell someone that they were behind the waterfall. She fell down and a horse appeared out of nowhere and helped her. I think the person that said they were getting a bulldozer or something had on a police uniform.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crystal meth long term brain damage ? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been clean now for 33 days off the evil crystal meth and I am wondering if I have brain damage from using meth for almost ten years on and off because it feels to me as if my brain does not work like it used to. I find it hard to study and recall things and sometimes (alot...

Long lost love? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently 21 yrs old. I am about to make 9 yrs with my fiancé (since I was 13). We have had our on and offs, back in the day. He is currently 26. I find myself begging for sex and not receiving very often. He was a very romantic and in tuned with our relationship... up until 3yrs ago. Every...

Search for my father [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is chalie wood (maiden name brown), I am searching for my biological father I have tried a few trace sites and the electetrol register and have had no luck I have even tried contacting jeremy kylie and he couldn't help, is there any other way of finding out who my dad is I only have his...

Lost Father [ 3 Answers ]

I was born in Memphis,TN. On 11-22-1956.Never got to see my true dad.I`m looking for him and would love to meet him.My family has pictures of him,but will not share them with me.So,if anyone knows a way I can find him please help?My father name is Charles Flanagan.

Looking for a long lost friend [ 2 Answers ]

I knew this woman in the early 1980's. I was stationed in Orlando Fla and she lived with her mom on HIGH Street in winter park "(haven) can't remember. She had just relocated from Colorado and hed her son Bobby (now Robert?) with her. Later she worked for the Red Lobster Corp in FLA. And I...

View more questions Search