Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Nov 24, 2008, 06:56 PM

I blame it all on the marketing leeches that these companies hire. They prey on the consumer's sense of financial sensibility by showing all the potential for savings but fail to mention maintenance and repair costs.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 24, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Very true but the Federal Government set the rules for efficiency then the great efficiency race was on. The numbers are somewhat bogus as per our test cell chamber results but causing a customer to pay big bucks for a unit that is only 1/2 of 1 % more efficient with the variable speed motor is ridiculus when the three speed setup is just as good. It is also about selling points. I guess that 1/2 of 1 percent is a big deal to some. LOL
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Nov 25, 2008, 05:26 PM

Oh sure, but when that repair bill comes in at 100% more than it would have been with the old tried and true equipment that 1/2 of 1% seems a bit timid lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater blower noises [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my girlfreind lives in a mobile home,with original heat and air. I believe its around 1985. She describes a noises coming from blower but stops if you hit. I don't know if it does it any more after that. I think it comes and goes so she keeps hitting it.anybody have some ideas. Any ideas would...

Blower won't come on when a/c compressor starts [ 1 Answers ]

When my t-stat calls for cooling the condenser/compressor starts but blower won't energize. I can flip the fan switch on the t-stat to manual on and the fan will run... Thoughts?

Main blower sometimes starts and stops in Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a problem with main blower in gas furnace. I've checked this site, but didn't find an answer. Symptoms: Sometimes it starts and stops when burns work or don't start at all. Relay clicks to start blower in 30 seconds after burner started, but blower doesn't start or stops and then...

Inducer starts, but blower/furnace never fire [ 6 Answers ]

My furnace suddenly stopped working today. The thermostat triggers properly, and the inducer fan starts running, but furnace never fires and the blower doesn't come on. If I turn the blower on manually at the thermostat, it runs fine. The furnace is an older Payne/Carrier natural gas/forced air...

Heil Gas Updaft Heater Starts & Stops [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 20year old Heil gas updraft with electric start and it has stopped starting. I checked out all electrical connections and the pressure switch and all wiring seems to be OK. I cleaned the contacts anyway and checked all wires connected by wire nuts. I also had a heater man come out and...

View more questions Search