Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natalia212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Sore vagina
    The past three days I have been having a sore vagina. I have been sexually active and at the same time I have my period. It has gotten so sore that I cannot put a tampon inside because it hurts when I try to insert it. I took a cool bath to see if it would go away but it has not; and now when I walk around its really sore and the only time when its not is when I sit down. And as of right now I don't have any insurance so I cannot go to the doctors until I get some; I was just wondering if there is any treatment that I could do or buy to relieve the pain or to make it totally go away?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 10:53 AM

The soreness could be caused by many things, natalia. If it is from a lot of sex, that can be the cause. The vagina has its own Ph level and when this is disturbed through sexual activity, a lot of it, then the Ph level breaks down and soreness or infections can occur. That's why it is a good idea to urinate right after sex. This restores the Ph level believe it or not. Nature takes care of us in the strangest ways.

If you do not have any other symptoms, sores around the vagina, a yellow discharge, etc. I wouldn't worry about it but if it lasts more then 2 or 3 days and doesn't diminish I would definitely go to a clinic and have it looked after.

I can't suggest a douch because that would only irritate the vagina more and it has to come back to that proper Ph level for it to be at peace again.
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Nov 8, 2008, 06:28 PM
    The acidic pH of your vagina becomes more alkaline during menstruation. Combine that with sex and you can easily develop a yeast infection since yeast thrives in an alkaline environment. Normally your pH should return to it's acidic state after the period and hopefully the soreness will go away. If not, you may want to try to treat it with over the counter yeast medications. In the meantime, you can try putting a cup of organic apple cider vinegar in a shallow bath, sit and soak for a while to help the soreness on the outer area. Here's a site with some more info Yeast Infection Cures from Earth Clinic Experts and Readers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constantly sore vagina [ 36 Answers ]

Hi. I am nearly 21 years old and for over two years now, I have been sore and had burning when I wee, all before I even started in the relationship I am in. It was in a way copeable but gradually it has got worse and now I am very very seriously depressed and it's ruining my life. I have missed out...

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

Urethra, Vagina lips sore after oral sex [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend and I had oral sex. He was biting and sucking in and around the urethra and vagina lips. Both are now extremely swollen. Is it normal?

Sore and swollen vagina [ 23 Answers ]

I'm 17, a few days ago it started itching and being sore down there.. ive tried not to itch and its kind of working. Its just manly sore and annying now... I had a look with a mirror and it looks swollen and more red then I think it should look. And I'm creaming. but it doesn't smell... :( I'm...

Why is my vagina swollen, sore and dry? [ 3 Answers ]

Just to let everyone know, I have had tonsillitis for the past 3 days and it is slowly going away. I have a headache now and a bit of a dry throat and that's all. But a few days ago I've noticed that my vagina doesn't look like itself. It is rather swollen and my inner labia are a bit stretched...

View more questions Search