Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saeslp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Leaky handheld shower massager
    I have a handheld shower massager with a leak between the hose and the handheld unit. The washer does not look like it's worn, and tightening the hose does not seem to help (I'll try loosening it as soon as I send this).

Does it pay to buy and try teflon tape, or just replace the washer? Could the problem be somewhere else?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 8, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Does it pay to buy and try teflon tape, or just replace the washer? Could the problem be somewhere else?
    The threads don't hoold water so Teflon Tape would be a waste. It sounds more like you have crossed threads that's not allowing the threads to tighten down enough to compress the washer. Check to be sure the threads are started correctly . Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting bath to handheld shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old claw foot tub in my downstairs bathroom and it has a "double basin faucet" spout instead of the regular single spout. Which means the cold water comes out one spout and hot comes out another. I need to find some type of hose adapter that would allow me to hook up an hand held doggy...

Leaky Shower Bad Grout or Leaky Shower Pan [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a townhouse that had the upstairs bathroom redone completely with a walk it tile shower. I have been there a year and recently noticed that the grout is slightly cracked around the base (floor and walls). I have also noticed mold that I have sprayed in the grout (Since leaving...

Diverter for remote handheld shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a large shower and want to include both a standard rainhead and a handheld shower. However, I would like them to be in different locations (I am building a shower bench). What kind of diverter system can I use to control the waterflow from the handheld shower location? Any advice...

Handheld shower leak [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a new rain shower head w/a handheld shower. There's not a lot of pressure from the rain shower but at least it works. The handheld shower is a different story. For some reason, when turned on, the water will not come out. Instead, it sprays out from the back of the handle...

Delta handheld shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a Delta shower massage head, and it has about half the water pressure of the old head I replaced. Is there any way to increase the water flow, like some kind of restricter in the hose or head?

View more questions Search