Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1clarkkent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Judgement against you
    If you have a judgement placed against you. What are your options is it to late to make payments
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 03:58 PM

Usually, yes. You can try to contact the company and set up a payment plan but they usually will not accept anything less than what they've already been awarded.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 06:22 PM

If you agree to make large eough payments they may allow it, and it may depend on the state.

Since they can take all the money out of your checking accounts, perhaps garnish you pay check, you had better make it a really good offer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have a judgement in ny [ 2 Answers ]

That looks much better. Depending on the voracity of the collector, there are many ways to locate you. There are even web sites that track things like magazine subscriptions, so when you move, and Playboy gets your change of address, the collector will be able to get it as well. Not to...

Unaware of default judgement /cause of judgement [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago, my husband was called by a collection agency informing him of a default judgement of over $8,000 which he had no prior knowledge of. The default judgement was 12/2005. He was told that it was for a credit card he had in 1996. He sincerely believes that he was the victim of identity...

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida, an attorney is suing me for legal fees in Texas, through the Texas Court. How can I keep this from occurring and if he does put a judgement against me, can he garnish my wages or seize my checking account? The account balance has been in dispute, however I do owe him. I...

Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

... Will you receive something in the mail notifying of a judgement against you... or can the creditor just get a judgement against you... and garnish wages and/or bank accounts without you knowing...

View more questions Search