Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 07:48 AM
    I am having a lot of pain.possible infection?
    On October 30, I had an appointment with the dentist from hell.. after many health violations put upon me. I ended up with what appears to be canker sores on my gum line of my bottom front teeth. After several nights of waking up with the pain, I ended up falling asleep while brushing my teeth and hit at least one bottom tooth with the tooth brush. After this occurred several more cankers developed in the area.

Now not only do I have these ulcers but my teeth hurt as well. Evven while sitting here it bothers me..

Question:

1. can cankers cause tooth (nerve) pain.
    2. could I have damaged my tooth
    3. son was diagnosed with strep on the 1st of nov. could it be strep.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 02:42 PM

Strep throat and canker sores are both caused by the streptococcal bacteria. Cankers are sores of the tissues and don't normally cause tooth pain unless it is sitting right at the gumline where tooth and gum meet. They could have been triggered from a dental injection or if you injured your gum with your toothbrush.

Cankers can also be triggered by stress or linked to menstrual cycles.

They will disappear on their own in 10 days or so. If they make it difficult to eat you might want to use some Anbesol gel on them.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 04:04 PM

Thank you!! 1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Infection and Pain after Crown work [ 4 Answers ]

I had root canal last month and had permanent crown done on my tooth#12 four days ago . Two days later I started having intense pain around that area and after a day the pain focus on tooth #10. I went to dentist office today and he said tooth #10 needs root canal as weel. I have never had pain in...

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

Is this pain a kidney infection, my appendix or a side effect from Cipro [ 1 Answers ]

I get frequent kidney infections; at least 3 or 4 year and always on the same side: the right. I started Cipro this morning because of a UTI. I knew it was going to turn into a kidney infection if I didn't. Now I have a digging, throbbing pain on my left side. It almost feels like the kidney...

Ear infection pain [ 1 Answers ]

Now I know this isn't directly realted to "hearing" although I think this is the most related forum to ear problems. I'm a 16 year old girl, and ever since the age of 6months I have had re-accurent glue ear, I've had several (over 40) sets of PE tubes. I won't grow out of them I've been told,...

View more questions Search