Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Well in my opinion the moon landing looked pretty real to me.

I remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch it.

Why would they fake that?

Unless it was to get one up on the Russians!!

Maybe we are all victims of the Truman show.
    fored Posts: 26, Reputation: -2

Aug 19, 2008, 11:29 AM
    They are correct. And the earth is flat supported on tortoises and the filaments are filled with water. Erich Von Danegut (SP?) is a wise man to realize that Inter-Galactic spaceships are guided to earth by the pyramids. LOL IDIOTS
    fored Posts: 26, Reputation: -2

Aug 19, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Don't forget Atlantis and the power of the Ruby slippers!
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 10, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    There is a group of people who claim that the United States faked the manned moon landing. They point to anomalies in the photographs as well as the radiation hazard of the trip and landing on te moon itself. Would like to hear opinions on this. Thanx!
    Conspiracy theories are just rampant. Just look at the 9-11 theories. "Loose Change" raised some very interesting points. But it's all smoke and mirrors.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Sep 23, 2008, 01:56 PM

1. If faked the Russians, for one, would have busted the thing wide open. They were/are more that smart enough to do so.

2. For all those who follow the Myth Busters show on cable , they went after this faked moon landing myth pretty rigorously... including walking in 1/6G (via a airliner type aircraft that gives thrill rides) in a space suit, actions of the flag in a vacuum, etc. Their verdict... not faked. You might be able to find the program on their site.
    neilrued Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2008, 03:00 AM

The issue relating to temperature and heat? I wanted to add that I recall reading years ago the Apollo moon suits had as an inner layer a "long johns" with tubing distributing a mixture of water and glycol to the chest, abdomen, arms and legs. The water and glycol was temperature controlled to distribute the heat around the astronaut's body to help keep them warm on the cold side and cool on hot side facing the Sun.

The major threat to the Astronaut from the Sun is the intense visible light that is not attenuted by an atmosphere as it happens on Earth. This point was well simulated/illustrated in the movie Big Impact, when the Astronaut forgets to lower his gold infused(correct term?) face shield.

The reason the Apollo moon program was stopped was because Congress did not see any further point to send Americans to the Moon when they'd already beaten the Soviet Union. The funding was drastically cut back to NASA and the money went towards the Vietnam War effort.

Some people blamed the NASA leadership of the time, for having no clear goals as to how they'd proceed with Lunar exploration after the initial Apollo missions, and couldn't effectively justify to Congress ongoing funding for its Moon missions.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2008, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neilrued View Post
    The issue relating to temperature and heat? I wanted to add that I recall reading years ago the Apollo moon suits had as an inner layer a "long johns" with tubing distributing a mixture of water and glycol to the chest, abdomen, arms and legs. The water and glycol was temperature controlled to distribute the heat around the astronaut's body to help keep them warm on the cold side and cool on hot side facing the Sun.

The major threat to the Astronaut from the Sun is the intense visible light that is not attenuted by an atmosphere as it happens on Earth. This point was well simulated/illustrated in the movie Big Impact, when the Astronaut forgets to lower his gold infused(correct term?) face shield.

The reason the Apollo moon program was stopped was because Congress did not see any further point to send Americans to the Moon when they'd already beaten the Soviet Union. The funding was drastically cut back to NASA and the money went towards the Vietnam War effort.

Some people blamed the NASA leadership of the time, for having no clear goals as to how they'd proceed with Lunar exploration after the initial Apollo missions, and couldn't effectively justify to Congress ongoing funding for its Moon missions.
    I think you're right, It's amazing and awe inspiring to put a man on the moon - but when you get there, it's just a big ball of dust.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Dec 5, 2008, 05:57 PM

Sadly, the lack of funding and vision caused a massive migration of the best and brightest out of NASA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fake Brick on kitchen wall [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to remove fake brick off a wall, if we remove it will it take off the plaster? Maybe it would be better just to paint it?

Fake green bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, At the end of May 2006, I withdrew $1,000 (in 10 of $100 bills) from a local Bank of America branch, and gave these money to my sister as her wedding gift. Last month, my sister, who lives in another country, went to her local bank to exchange these $1,000 into local currency. However, the...

Fake teeth [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have problems with my gums and teeth.all my top teeth are fake and when I close them toghter they go behind the bottom teeth I got them done about 5 months ago and can't get used to them at all I always finnd it hard to talk cause they get in the way of my tongue and when I got them put in it...

Removing Fake Brick [ 2 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to remove fake brick from the kitchen area, because we're remodeling the kitchen.

Landing instruction... [ 1 Answers ]

Why airline crew ask passengers to open window blinders during takeoff and landing?

View more questions Search