Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumitguha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 02:49 AM
    What is Pressurisation Unit used in HVAC system of any commercial place or in Offshor
    What is pressurisation unit used in HVAC system of Building system and Offshore platforms
    dulenz Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2008, 08:46 PM

Purpose of the pressurisation unit in building services is to:

1. To keep pressure in pipes above atmospheric at a point where static pressure is at lowest point so that we do not have air infiltration

2. To allow for water expansion due to temperature change

3. To prevent cavitation at valves (this is rarely an issue in chilled water systems)

If we are talking about pressurisation unit for domestic water pumps than another purpose would be to prevent excessive number of pump (motor) starts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressurisation unit [ 2 Answers ]

Kindly let me know how to calculate the capacity of the pressurisation unit the gpm and the head of the pressurisation unit and the selection if this unit is on the same level of the chiller and primary / secondary pumps if the volume of the system is around 9050 lts, any body can help me out in...

Pressurisation Unit for chilled water circuit [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Need of Pressurisation Unit , In Chilled water Circuit . Of a building served with distric colling Plant, and How does that Pressurisation unit functions? Where Is it Installed, (Before the heat exchangers or after the heat exchangers)?

Pressurisation unit [ 1 Answers ]

How to design or choose a pressurisation unit for a chiller plant?

Head of pressurisation unit pumps [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... I am doing a 6 storied building project for which I need to determine the head required for the pressurisation units. THe CHW pumps and heat exchanger are located at the basement and the chilled water is provided from District Cooling Plant at 16 deg F delta-T. How can I determine the...

View more questions Search