Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    felicia7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 10:08 PM
    My toilet Tank Overflows
    When I flush my toilet the tank fills up and overflows.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 10:49 PM

Felicia7 - I don't know what kind of filler valve you have on your toilet, if you can describe it <then I can answer your question .
    Just in case you have the old type that looks like this ( Comeing off at the top of the filler valve ,does it have a rod arm that has a ball on the far end of the rod away from the filler valve?? IF it does then go and get a common screw driver and take the top off the tank and set it aside, take the screw driverand turn the screw that is on the very top of filler valve and turn it counter clockwise about 2 turns flush the toilet and see how far it fills back up the correct fill higth is useally 1/2 inch below the top of the over flow pipe . NOTE - There usely is a fill to mark on the inside of the tank ; ; If the fill is OK you got it ,if you need to adjust it more then if you screw it in the fill will be higher ,if you screw it out it will drop the fill down , you will have to make small adjustments at a time:: and don't make more then a couple turns of the screw at a time . If you still have trouble ,Come back on to this post and we will try to help more :: Good luck and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 8, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia7 View Post
    when i flush my toilet the tank fills up and overflows.
    Hey Felcia,
    What ballcock do you have? (see image) Let me know! Regards, Tom
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 08:06 PM

SPEEDBALL1 - I was hopeing that yoi would see this one and post za picture of what was needed to find out which one she has , thanks for the picture.;; Have a great day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet tank overflows [ 3 Answers ]

How do I fix a toilet tank that overflows when you flush the toilet

Toilet Bowl Overflows [ 5 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet the bowl fills to the top, however does not happen every time. The flush has no power it is more of just a slow swirl. I pulled the toilet, snaked almost all of the drain all the way to the street, never found any clog. I replaced the flow valve, did not help. I was...

Toilet overflows [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes my toilet overflows and I want to know how I can stop this.

View more questions Search